PDA

View Full Version : roof up keep

bob3nliz
09-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I have a fiberglass roof -what is the best way to up keep it -i live in nc and it is in the sun alot -any help on this would be appreciated -Bob :)

coolchas11
09-21-2007, 07:58 PM
I live in CT and periodically wash it. Worst part is climbing the ladder! Charlie

bob3nliz
09-23-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm trying to learn the best way to take care of my RV -being fiberglass do you think wax would be a good idea :?:

coolchas11
09-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Wax the body, but not the roof. It will become too slippery for you to be on. Charlie

trickto322
09-24-2007, 11:39 PM
I went up on the roof recently to check the dish connections (another story) and I noticed the caulking was cracked in a few places around the vents, etc. I loaded them up and will continue to check them. When I was up there I did not see any oxidation what so ever. Today we were looking at the coach and saw that it had white drip marks coming down the sides just like you see on 5vers that have black streaks which might be from dirt on the roof from mowing the dust where grass once was before the draught. We spend the summer in n.e. Tn. and a month in CT. and the winter in AZ. so we have a lot of sunny days and we are doing ok. I think a quick roof washing and wax the rest of the coach and check the caulk and you should be OK

Retird2Golf
10-02-2007, 02:46 PM
The Caulk does dry out. Hopefully you had agood tech do the factory caulking. My 2004 was showing signs of aging.

I coated all the caulking, especially the edges, with "KOOL-SEAL"
patching cement. A little more than half-a-quart did the whole thing.

Better safe than sorry, leaks are no fun !!

Roof has a lot of "chalking", cleaned it good and I am going to coat it with KOOL-Seal Roof Seal.

Best regards, Clyde

AAFD
10-06-2007, 08:48 AM
We are in the process of replacing all of our roof caulk, If the cracks get to bad you will have leaks!

KC