PDA

View Full Version : 4-way Flasher Relay

jdelauter
09-23-2007, 08:12 AM
2003 Gulfstream Friendship. Can anyone tell me where the 4-way flasher relay is and what it looks like? My flashers have stopped working. Turn signals and brake lights work fine. Thanks in advance

GStream40
09-23-2007, 09:14 AM
On our 2003 GS coach on the Freightliner Chassis, the flasher was located in the front driver's side compartment where all the electrical fuses and wiring was located.

On our 2004 GS coach, there is no "flasher". All the light functions are controlled by a electronic control box not much bigger than a credit card that is mounted on the back wall of the front compartment as described above.

Depending on the built date of your chassis, it could either have a flasher or the control box.

Ron

jdelauter
09-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Thanks Ron. Will check the compartment. I'm used to the silver "can" type you find in autos.

GStream40
09-25-2007, 08:19 PM
On our 2003 it had the "silver can" type which is a mechanical flasher. It actually had two in that location, one for the turn signals and one for the 4-way flashers.

The 2004 is a electronic control module that controls all the light functions, tail lights, turn signals, four way flashers and running lights. It is quite expensive to purchase and can only be purchased thru Freightliner I was told. I believe it costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $160.00 if I remember correctly. :cry:

I believe Freightliner started using the Module in the summer of 2003.
The dealer had to replace two of them in the first year of ownership of 2004 coach, thank goodness they were covered by warranty. Since then we hadn't had any more problem.

Ron