PDA

View Full Version : Independence model 8360 (2008)

PEGAUSA55
09-30-2007, 11:57 PM
I am new to this site and it has given me lots of useful information. I am presently negotiating a deal on a 2008 Independaence model 8360(Gas). Does anyone know of any problems I should look for, and approximately how much should I be paying. This is my first motorhome and I really do not know very much. Hopefully some one can guide me a little. Dealer wants $97,995, list is supposed to be $128,345. This is a new unit. We really like the layout of the coach. I am planning to drive it this week.

Thanks
Pete

by8s
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
The information on buying new RV's I have been given by someone who was in the business is to pay no more than 70% of the list price. This would be $89841.50. Good Luck!
Bob

rdlamb
10-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Pete; I agree with Bob in that the "suggested" price is far above the actual price the dealer will sell for, rather than have you walk away.

Do an internet search for the 2008 Independence. Price depends upon options, but you'll get a good idea of the variability of asking retail prices. I'm also not ashamed to call a dealer that I'm willing to drive to, and inquire about their lowest price for their RV.

This site is a great resource for problems. Also try RV.net, in their forums section for ideas on problems.

Last, drive the RV, then rub your chin, shake your head (no), then tell your wife "let's go home and think about this for a while." The "what will it take to get your business today" will come out, and you can answer that you think the price is to high, and want to do some research.

Best wishes
Rick