PDA

View Full Version : DOMETIC REFRIGERATOR SOLUTION

Jobuha
10-25-2007, 07:28 AM
All,

After fighting with dometic I have finally figure out why my Refer did not work during the day ( heat of the Day). It seems that on a refer with out the top vent on the roof ( Ones installed in slides) have 2 pancake fans to move the air around the cooling fans. The temperature switch is attached to the cooling fins. The switch operates the fans when it reaches a preset temp ( I believe 158 degrees) This temp is way too hot and the refer will defrost. I contacted Dometic about this and the sent me another switch same problem.

I disconnected the TS and connected the wires so the fans run all the time circulating cooling air, and to my surprise the Refer now works correctly. My freezer will now keep ice cream ( not as a milkshake).

The TS is located in the upper removable panel left hand side attached to the coils. All you need is 6" of wire and two spades to make the jumper.

I am currently looking for a temp Switch (TS) to replace the installed one that turns on at a lower temp around 120 and off at around 85, So if anyone know where I can get one I would appreciate the info.

Joyce / Butch Hansen (Jobuha)
2007 Sun Voyager 8389