PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator vent cover

darbyjudy
10-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Checked out the top of the unit and found that I had hit a branch and damaged the refrigerator roof vent cover. I have purchased one at our local dealer but need to paint it to match the other items on the roof. Also had the skylight leaking water in the bathroom, I looked at it from the roof and found that it had a couple of small cracks at the botton where it had probably been tighten too tight. I will fill these with a self leveling cauking and then cover the seams with some eterabond tape. Never use this type of tape before but I see it is high recommended on the forums. They say to clean the area with brake cleaner. Any of you had experience with this type of repair.

mfa
10-30-2007, 07:37 PM
I put Eternabond tape all the way around my skylight seam. (The plexiglass edge was curling up some and the original seal material couldn't handle it.) I can't remember what I used to clean it beforehand, though. It may have been rubbing alcohol and elbow grease. :)

bob3nliz
10-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Cleaning is very-very important before using tape. Make sure you let what ever you use to clean with evaporate and dry before using tape. :)