PDA

View Full Version : TourMaster Coaches

RayChez1
11-12-2007, 10:13 PM
The TourMaster was top of the line for Gulfstream for many years. Then they stopped manufacturing the coach for a few years and Gulfstream decided to make the Scenic Cruiser their top of the line luxury coach. In 2006 they stopped the production of the Scenic Cruiser and brought back the TourMaster but for a lot less money. Does anybody know why they stopped manufacturing the Scenic Cruiser since it was such a nice and well built coach. Could it have been that the Scenic Cruiser was getting too high in price at over 300K and they out priced themselves or do they just like to stop production for a few years and then bring them back like they did the TourMaster. I sure would like to buy me another Scenic Cruiser if they were to come back into production.

RV Wizard
11-19-2007, 05:23 AM
Gulf Stream tends to go through cycles of one coach being one thing and then another will take its place in the ranking. Then later on after new research & development they will come back out with the same name but a different coach. The new Tour Masters are nothing like the old ones. They have a higher ceiling and should do pretty good with those that like its design. I have heard that the Scenic Cruiser will return in 09 when I was in the factory a couple years ago. It is undergoing a redesign now.

Retird2Golf
12-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Mike, you are correct. I got the same information last June at the "Back Home Rally". When they do a major "up-grade" on a model or series they take it off the market for a while. Re-designing and styling takes a lot of effort and time.

Best regards, Clyde