PDA

View Full Version : Furnace Problem

larrybell
11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Hello Folks,

During a recent trip to Pigeon Forge, TN, our furnace on our 2002 Model 8329 Sun Voyager acted up. It would run fine until the desired temperature was reached, then it would try to stop, then start right back up again. The furnace was in the "cooldown" cycle when this would happen.

I thought about moving the bedroom thermostat to the hall area and try to eliminate the problem. But before Easter egging the problem, I thought I would ask you folks for advice.

Thanks in advance for your help and God bless,
Larry

djqualls
11-16-2007, 05:50 PM
It could be the thermostat itself and not the location. The have a heat antcipator that controlls what you are talking about and it may be faulty.

rdlamb
11-16-2007, 07:03 PM
I put an electronic thermostat in my unit. It took some mental contortions to figure out the wiring, and the addition of a small switch from Radio Shack to control the fan.

My unit was performing somewhat the same as yours. Start, run, stop, then immediately restart. I tried to find another RV thermostat, and discovered they are made of gold.

Now, I can program the beast to cool down or heat up at certain times of the day. It is very nice to have the heater come on in the cool mornings, just before you get up.

Just a thought.
Best wishes
Rick