PDA

View Full Version : Help with service

ATVhaulin
01-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I have a new Endura I purchased in Mar. 2007. I have had so many problems, half of which are fairly serious. I have tried to get in touch with somebody at Gulfstream but to no avail. I have left 5 messages and sent a registered letter and have never been able to talk to anybody personally.
My motorhome has been at the dealership for 200 of the 270 days I have owned it. It is there now and has been there for 3 months. I have been very patient and polite about it until now. Would anybody have any higher level contacts for me? My warranty expires in 2 months and I feel left out in the cold! Thanks, Ed

coolchas11
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Whatever is happening to you is unacceptable. We've never had to get GS involved, but Brian Shea is the President. Start at the top since the warranty clock is ticking. Charlie

ATVhaulin
01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the reply, coolchas. After I posted I noticed there isn't much traffic on here. I kind of wondered if I would get any reply. I shall enter Brians name to my list of contacts and go from there. Thanks, Ed

TheHansens
01-08-2008, 04:55 PM
We purchased our Gladiator/Endura just a month ago and would be interested in knowing the kind of problems you have experienced. We are taking our shake down cruise this weekend and will report back. Our dealer has been great so far-just a few minor issues. Even if our salesperson is off there is always someone willing to help.

rdlamb
01-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Ed:
We purchased a 2005 Endura, and had it less than a year. It leaked everywhere, every window, every seal. GS never returned my calls.
The dealer also had my coach for months, trying to fix all the problems.
When the ceiling, floors, and walls became moldy, we traded the Endura for a Tour Master.
Shame on GS.
Pictures enclosed.
Sorry, but I cannot recommend the Endura.

Safe Travels,
Rick

Texas TC
01-10-2008, 01:03 AM
I really don't get it. I have contacted GS several times and always got an answer quickly. I have found that email works really well but have also got call backs from Customer Service every time I called. They, along with my dealer, have been great about repairing every issue I have had. One of the reasons I bought my SuperNova is the dealer (Mc Clain's RV in Denton Texas) is less than 2 miles from my house. I now know everyone at the dealership and they all know me by name when I visit. It has been a great experience.

I hope you get the service you deserve, but, for me, it has been great.

rdlamb
01-10-2008, 11:11 AM
I also had service at McClains, though mine was at the one in Ft Worth, connected with Camping World.
I worked with Bob, I think the service manager.
Overall the experience was excellent. They even had a full hookup RV site to stay in while service was provided.
I can recommend McClains. Just not the Endura.
Safe Travels
Rick

ATVhaulin
01-10-2008, 04:33 PM
I have 4 Customer Service rep names and tried each of them at least once. 1 of them (Molly) answered the phone and I talked to her for about 10 minutes, but not a one of them ever called me back. I never tried to email.
I don't think I ought to bore you with all my problems, Jacks have failed 4 seperate times, with 4 different problems. My fiberglass has cracked in the same spot twice, and about 50 more items. My dealership is trying to help, they fix everything, but I think they are getting tired of it. I have an email address of a person at Gulfstream I will try to get a hold of Monday. Thanks, Ed

coolchas11
01-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Ed, I am still troubled that GS isn't working closely with you. Any luck with Shea? Another name that I've seen in posts is Claude Donati ([email protected]). Please keep us up to date as we all follow with interest the service delivered by GS and the dealer network. Charlie

ATVhaulin
01-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Talked to Scott Pullin today. Seems like a helpful person there. He received my e-mail and is working on my problem. Maybe some good will come out of this! I will let you know more when it happens. Ed

Texas TC
01-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Scott is a great find. Every time I have asked him for assistance, he has been great about getting the problem to the proper department and subsequent resolution. He is also good about keeping you informed on the progress of the situation. I think he is a dedicated GS VP trying his best to do what is right for us, the GS owners family. I only communicate with him through email because I know he must be a very busy individual. Email allows him to work on the problem at his schedule and not be encumbered by lengthy phone calls. I only hope he stays with GS and does not get overloaded with our problems to the extent he cannot give great service. I do not contact him with routine issues, only when there seems to be a communication issue between GS and my dealer.

rjf7g
01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I have had great success working with my wonderful dealer to resolve any issues I have had. I recommend Grandview Trailer Sales every chance I get! http://www.grandviewtrailersales.com

SueMac
01-24-2008, 07:54 PM
I wrote to everyone I could with registered letters etc. and the only one to help was Scott Pullin. Everyone else ignored my pleas for help.

Scott tried but there was no hope for the Super Nova we had and we traded it in. We used it one weekend out of 7 months due to all the problems. After awhile it is time to cut the losses and move on. Too bad for there are good Super Novas out there, we just didn't find one.

coolchas11
01-25-2008, 07:07 AM
A sad conclusion to your situation. I'll never understand any company not responding to a customer's initiatives. When we owned our company it was our practice and that of all employees to always conclude an issue with a customer. Charlie

RJ82much
01-25-2008, 09:18 AM
I have to agree with Charlie... A customer understands the word "No". Just like a child or puppy, he may not like it, but understands. Of course, "Let me rethink that", or "Here's what we can do, though...." is even better.

A dial tone, a busy signal, voice message box, or the blatant stall, "He's in a meeting" is totally unacceptable. To me, that says the company is hoping you'll die, or at least go away... making their life easier.

SueMac
01-25-2008, 10:18 AM
I do have to give Scott a lot of credit. He did try his best to help us, but....getting help before him was just not going to happen.

Some owners have good luck with their customer service rep, but we did not.

It is too bad it didn't work out, but it didn't for us. Sometimes it is just better to cut your losses and move on.

ATVhaulin
01-26-2008, 06:03 AM
I am still waiting on another reply from Scott. I did get the motorhome back, with everything repaired, but I don't think leaving it at the repair facility for 75 percent of its life is fair. Most of my career has been in a service field and this treatment would have been completely unacceptable. Ed

lockdoc
01-26-2008, 08:04 AM
I am still waiting on another reply from Scott. I did get the motorhome back, with everything repaired, but I don't think leaving it at the repair facility for 75 percent of its life is fair. Most of my career has been in a service field and this treatment would have been completely unacceptable. Ed

I agree with you that the dealership took way too long in getting things right with you! Hopefully they got it right at last and you can start to enjoy your investment!! At least you haven't had to worry about storage issues for the past few months. :D

I wish you many happy trails to come this year. :)

ATVhaulin
04-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Just got the motorhome back from the repairshop. I went out and inspected it last tuesday. Noticed some wood trim molding had fallen off. Also noticed that the fiberglass siding had cracked again in the same place that had been repaired twice before! Great, 2 days after my warranty has expired!
I didn't get anywhere with Mr. Pullin. He acted nice enough but didn't seem too concerned with all my problems and wouldn't offer me any help. I guess I will go to step 2 of my 3 step plan, which is to try consumer agencies such as BBB, Advocacy groups and the State Attorney General. Lets hope I don't have to reach step 3. Ed

rdlamb
04-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Ed:
I had a similar thing happen, a previously repaired under warranty item lasted less than 30 days, but the coaches warranty expired during the 30 days.
GS fixed my awning, stating that each repair is warranted for 30 days.
Write a letter, get on the phone, send e-mail.
GS should take care of you.
Safe travels
Rick

ATVhaulin
04-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Rick, thanks for the info. The repairs completed this time were on the slideout, the fiberglass repairs were done several months back.
After having the motorhome spend 260 days in the repairshop in the first year, I am done with it. Somehow or some way I am getting rid of it. Ed

rdlamb
04-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi Ed.
Just a suggestion, saw you were from Ohio, and knew the Lemon Laws in that state are severe.
Try: http://www.ohiolemonlaw.com/

Safe Travels
Rick

clockmaker
04-14-2008, 02:19 PM
I have a 2007 Class A Independence with 3 slides, purchased June 23,2007. The bedroom slide has had a leak in it when closed since purchased. The first time it was in the rain was 9/07. It has been to the dealer 6 times. I sent a 3 page letter to Mr. Brian Shea, CEO and President of of the Motor Coach Division on 3/24/08 by FEDEX over night with signature required. Within 2 days a factory rep was looking at my problem and authorizing slide repairs. Picked it up 3/28/08 and put it under its shed as usual. On 4/12/08 we were expecting rain so we took it out of the shed and let it get rained on, and guess what, the carpet was wet again. Called Customer Service Representative this morning at 7:00a.m. cst and told her that enough was enough and I wanted a new coach. Within 2 hours I was called back by Nicki Perkins and was told that they would be picking up our coach and bringing it back into the factory for repairs. By repairs, I mean new carpet, new bed base, and new walls that have previously been wet. They were also extending our warranty for 1 year more. We would have expired on 6/23/08.

rdlamb
04-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Hurray Grey Ghost.
I had an Endura that leaked like a sieve. Sent two certified letters to GS and never got an answer. Glad it worked out better for you.
I'm surprised I stayed with GS, and bought a Tour Master. The dealer was working with me, and impressed me enough to stay with GS. The TM has had some problems, but nothing severe.
Overall, it seems GS's customer service is hit or miss.

Scotty
10-01-2008, 02:22 PM
This Fourm is great.

I am having problems with my BT 5291 leaking at the front slides.
It has been in the shop for 6 weeks and they still keep finding leaks.

Whom else can I contact?
I have heard "Scott Pullin - does anyone have his e-mail?
What is his position at GS.

Also have seen Claude Donati in this forum - same info would be helpful.

Thanks

Scotty

mrmoab
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I found [email protected] somewhere else and tried to email him about and the email bounced ... anyone else have any luck?

This Fourm is great.

I am having problems with my BT 5291 leaking at the front slides.
It has been in the shop for 6 weeks and they still keep finding leaks.

Whom else can I contact?
I have heard "Scott Pullin - does anyone have his e-mail?
What is his position at GS.

Also have seen Claude Donati in this forum - same info would be helpful.

Thanks

Scotty

RJ82much
10-07-2008, 02:30 PM
That was the email I've used to contact him in the past. I suspect that means he may have left the company? or he has changed his email address.

Try the service email address listed on their website. Scott Pullin was the person who opened, read, & distributed every message. Unfortunately, not much happened after that.

You might also call the main GS switchboard & outright ask if he still works there. Don't hold your breath thinking you will get thru to him.

mrmoab
10-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I think they just have an overly aggressive spam filter in place. Tried from both my personal and work emails to spullin and [email protected] and both were rejected.

Maggie
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Have you tried [email protected]?

john&scotty
10-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Can someone please provide e-mail addresses.
I did just send on to Mr Donati - i have read here that some e-mails get kicked back??
did not happen yet, but I am interested in Titles of VP, names and e-mails if possible.

Mine has been in the shop for 8 weeks and the repair shop sent me an e-mail yesterday that they can n ot fix it and are waiting on a reply from GS.

Thanks to all.

Texas TC
10-09-2008, 03:51 PM
I have sent you two pm's with the address I used. Please pm me again if you did not get them. Maybe we should use email.