PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager 8389 Workhorse

Donoswife
01-11-2008, 12:20 PM
Hi! We are looking at a 2007 GS Sunvoyager 8389 Workhorse. The price is right as it is last years model left over. I have purchased, but not yet received the CD ROM from RV Consumer Group to see how they rate this MH. I am looking for general feedback about the GS product, specifically Sun Voyager owners. We own a fifth Wheel which we will be trading in. Our fifth wheel was purchased new and had minor issues that my handyman husband fixed without a lot of trouble. (closet doors, valances, trim falling off, closet bars fell off..nothing major)
We expect to find all makes and models might have these little issues, but we are most concerned about major problems.
I would love feedback from GS owners about warranty, reliability and any other issues that would help us make an informed decision. Thank you all so much. This is a great resource for GS owners and seekers. Thanks to the moderators!

coolchas11
01-11-2008, 07:20 PM
We owned a 2006 Sun Voyager prior to our Tour Master. It was a fine motor home and we had only small issues which were covered under the warranty. Charlie

Donoswife
01-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Thank you Charlie! I am curious why you kept the Sun Voyager only one year and bought new? Just wondering, if you feel like sharing that info...
Thank you again!
Patty
Dono's Wife

coolchas11
01-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi Patty. The Sun Voyager floor plan and features were very good. In retrospect we should have driven a diesel to help in comparing vehicles. We termed the driving issue as the "sway factor." In windy conditions or when a truck passed at high speed the ride was less than ideal. So we decided to test the Tour Master and the comparison was unbelievable. The ride and handling were totally different. Plus, I must admit, we lured ourselves into a lot of new amenities! Charlie

Donoswife
01-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks again Charlie! We are trying to decide about the gas vs diesel issue ourselves right now. We can buy a new gas model or an older diesel model. Since we pull our fifth wheel with a diesel Ford F350 now and LOVE it...we are concerned that we might regret not buying diesel. So many choices, so many options, so many must haves and a whole bunch of "would love to haves"...We are taking our time and widdling down the list little by little. I have to admit that I have fallen in love with the Sun Voyager floor plan. Unique and versatile. Thanks again for your insights. It's more valuable than anything else I can find.
I wish you many miles of happy adventures~
Blessings!!
PATTY