PDA

View Full Version : TourMaster Constellation

RayChez1
01-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I notice that Gulfstream is manufacturing a 45' coach called the TourMaster Constellation with a tag axle. I read about it in Goggle and I was wondering if any of you guys had actually seen the real thing. I was wondering how it compares with other coaches in its price range of 350K. They had it on sale at Rancho Cordova RV in California for 299K which is not bad for a 45' coach. I attended the FMCA rally in Indio this past week and I didn't see any Constellations in display. I also was wondering if it has a side radiator.

GStream40
01-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Ray,

If you go to the Gulf Stream website and click on the Tourmaster section, then click on the T45G floorplan, you can download a brochure with all the specs and some pics of the TourMaster Constellation. It has the 400 Cummins engine which I believe is always a side radiator.

Here's a link to it: http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/products/tourmaster/t45g.htm

Ron

GO BLUE
01-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Saw a constellation in tampa this weekend.............ill keep what i got.... love the drivers section......wife didnt care for anything in the back....msrp was $362,000

Arthur Hayes
01-21-2008, 01:51 PM
We also viewed the Constellation at the Tampa show and agree that we will keep what we have. Way too soon to change anyway, only have had this one less then 18 months, and I believe I have gotten rid of all the bugs. Time to just enjoy it.

Art

rdlamb
01-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Kudos to GS for bringing in the tag axle. I wonder why they didn't up the engine to the 450 Cummins, or 500.
By the way, those of us with the 400 can have Cummins reprogram the engine to 450hp. I had mine "campaigned" by Cummins due to the faulty wrist pin letter.
The shop manager told me the HP increase is a electronic module programing issue, and they just happen to have the electronic equipment. Cost was $2000, so I passed.
But, if I was pushing a larger coach, with more GVW, the increase might be nice.
I also will not be upsizing. This 42 footer is treating me well.
Safe Travels
Rick