PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle carrier on the back?

01-21-2008, 04:22 PM
I am thinking/wandering if is would be OK to put one of this on the back of my trailer?
http://www.addabike.com/

I bike weights about 230 lbs
I would need to weld a receiver to the frame. I have the Canyon Trail 30 FBRG.

What do you think?

lockdoc
01-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I think the answer you seek (if you asked Gulfstream) is no. Adding anything other than what the rv was designed for will void your warranty from frame and wall damage. That being said.....I added a hitch to my fiver to pull a small trailer but I am not adding a lot of tongue weight either. I have pulled like that over 1000 miles and have not seen any problems yet. I do not take rough roads in this configuration though so that I can minimize the chance of any bouncing causing added stress to the rear of the fiver.

To add the hitch we tied into the framework going forward to the axles for strength.

Good luck with your decision.

Timothy
01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I have the same trailer and wanted to do the same thing to carry 2 mopeds. Factory contacted frame mfg (Venture) and was told no the frame was not designed for the added weight and it would adversly affect the towing of the unit.

Kathy
01-25-2008, 08:54 AM
We went ahead and added a hitch and bicycle rack to the back of our 2000 conquest and only carry 4 mountain bikes and you can feel the difference in the way it pulls. I would not recommend any thing that heavy. It would effect the ride a lot.

02-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks to everyone for there replys.