PDA

View Full Version : Passengers Seat

mark2line
06-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Has anyone had trouble with the passengers seats electric foot rest.

We have a 2008 Tour master T40A. The passengers seat came with an electric foot rest, which we paid extra for. The first day out the foot rest stoped working. It was only trying to go up and down from one side. The arms got bent on the side that was not working. I looked underneath and found the cables from the motor went into a worm gear and the cable fell out of the side that was not working. While working on this the other side fell out. I jury rigged two clamps, one for each side and got it working. They replaced the entire seaqt and the same think happened on the first time we used it. Has anyone else had this problem. I am going to bring it in for service again. It seems to me to be a poor design.

Mark

Fl Mike
06-16-2008, 07:02 AM
On ours, the legs will not raise with weight in the seat. If you stand next to it they work fine...

hyall
06-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Ours is bent found if we adjust the seat to far back it bends the leg rest brackets if in down position there no stops for this

GO BLUE
06-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I had both rods lock up and it would not retrack ...dealer changed almost the whole bottom......two months later one side quit working.....I dont know what it took but they didnt need parts for the second fix jim k