PDA

View Full Version : Atrium or models with 8410 or 8411 slide

bwilliams747
07-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Hello all, I'm not an owner yet, but my wife likes the Atrium or the 8410-8411 slide. If anyone has one and can sare insight on the slide. Are they hard to maintain, hot in the summer any info from anyone would be helpfull. Thanks Bill

darbyjudy
07-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I have a Sun Voyager with the atarium Slide out. It has window covers on the inside to block the sun and also a sun blocking slide out awning. Yes I would say it is hotter than one without all of those windows but we enjoy being able to look out .

darbyjudy
07-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I have a Sun Voyager with the atarium Slide out. It has window covers on the inside to block the sun and also a sun blocking slide out awning. Yes I would say it is hotter than one without all of those windows but we enjoy being able to look out .

bwilliams747
07-01-2008, 06:08 PM
I have a Sun Voyager with the atarium Slide out. It has window covers on the inside to block the sun and also a sun blocking slide out awning. Yes I would say it is hotter than one without all of those windows but we enjoy being able to look out . Thank you for the info.

gladysdale
11-18-2008, 09:48 AM
I too am intrigued by the design of the 8410 Atrium. I see they offered this model only 3 years 2003,2004 and 2005. Was this design not popular. I like the side entry. From reading some of the posts, it appears that there may be some slide sealing problems. I would not consider a front entry but like the Diesel Pusher design.

darbyjudy
11-18-2008, 09:54 AM
(I too am intrigued by the design of the 8410 Atrium. I see they offered this model only 3 years 2003,2004 and 2005. Was this design not popular. I like the side entry. From reading some of the posts, it appears that there may be some slide sealing problems. I would not consider a front entry but like the Diesel Pusher design.}

I have the 2004 with the sunroom, I have had no problems with this slide sealing but I have have problems with the bedroom slide out sealing.

rdlamb
11-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi Darby,
In my TM, bedroom slide, I also had water trouble. I fixed this by changing the rubber seal overlap at the top of the slide out so the upper one overlapped the two side seals. I then glued the corners tightly together, and no more leak.
Worth a look.

darbyjudy
11-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Thank you Rick for the information. I do beleive I have got it stopped for now as it has not leaked for some time now. It was leaking under the trim at the top and then running down and inside. I was able to stop it by using some sealer at the top of the trim.

RayChez1
11-24-2008, 02:46 PM
The Atrium was a big Gulfstream coach with lots of windows. It was a very nice coach and by talking to some owners I found one in northern Calif. that had a problem with leaks on the slides. Other then that it was a nice coach.