PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom sink into black tank

darbyjudy
10-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Well I was wondering why my black water tank was filling so fast and I found the problem. the bathroom sink goes into the black tank. I never knew this until I thought the Black tank was filling auful fast. I guess thay must be a reason for this. Maybe it is too make sure there is a lot of liquid in it so it will not stop up. all my other MHs wasn't plumbed this way. This is on a 2004 Gulfstream sun Voyager triple slide Atarium model 37 ft.

RJ82much
10-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Darby,

I tested & confirmed the same on my #8351 Sun Voyager: Toilet & bathroom sink into black water tank - Kitchen sink & shower into grey water tank. The drawing bears that out. However, this is not true of all models.

Your thoughts about the need to add liquids to the black water tank makes a lot of sense. Also, this scheme may help to balance the waste water load. We have noted that a couple showers & some dishwater can rapidly fill the greywater tank.

mfa
10-21-2008, 01:31 PM
That seems to be the practice across many brands of RVs. I think the primary reason is as-stated -- to keep enough liquid in with the solid waste. A secondary reason may be the close proximity of the bathroom sink to the toilet -- shorter (cheaper) plumbing run to the black tank.

rebecca14
07-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Edited by admin due to it being a spam post

don32744
11-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I JUST GOT A 2008 CERSENDO AND BOTH THE KITCHEN SINK AND THE BATHROOM SINK ARE PLUMBED TO THE BLACK TANK. i THINK THIS IS GOING TO FAR TO KEEP WATER IN THE BLACK TANK!