PDA

View Full Version : SuperNova Freeze Warning Buzzer

Texas TC
12-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Now I know all you folks in the nice sunny states will never need to know this. However, for all the rest of us who live where there is an occasional freeze, there is a freeze warning system on the awning. When the ambient temperature gets below 30 degrees, there is a buzzer that beeps to tell you not to use the awning. This only will occur if you have the wind sensor turned on. Therefore, you can cut the wind sensor feature off by tuning the toggle swithch on the back of the awning box to the off position. On my 6331, it is located in the basement just behind the coach door. My wife heard it tonight when she was outside with our dogs and I immediately knew what it was. I had this happen on my Four Winds Fun Mover with the same type awning. Just remember to turn it back on when the weather gets warm if you want the wind sensor to be operable.

For those of us where it is cold, try to stay warm. Here in Texas, it will be warm again by the weekend but it is 26 with freezing rain here tonight.

bob3nliz
12-16-2008, 01:28 PM
thank you for the infor. Keep warm :) BobnLiz

pchicky
12-16-2008, 07:01 PM
great info T.C....thanks!

one of those things I wouldn't have thought about...you de man!

Texas TC
12-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Like you would ever need to know that information down there is sunny Florida.

pchicky
12-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I'm up in the upstate of SC....right at the base of the mountains.....it gets a littly nippy up here at night....I'm glad you told me about that alarm....I probably would have wondered why in the heck the alarm would be going off in the middle of the night and pulled the firearms out and shot an awning. :wink:

Texas TC
12-16-2008, 08:48 PM
I forgot you were up there with Jim Bob. Y'all probably will have a need to cut that wind sensor off from time to time.

pchicky
12-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Yup, I think we'll have to quiet it down, and thanks to you T.C, we now know how to do it!

JimBob
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Jim Bob appreciates the ever vigilant TC sending along yet another wise and sagacious warning for us junior Nova owners. When Jim Bob publishes the master owner's manual for our Novas to replace the one we don't have now, he will be sure to include proper citations to TC's knowledge and also a suitable warning for owners to not gun down the offending buzzing sound, or helpless awning. :lol:

Jim Bob hopes TC will not see snow or freezing ice this weekend, we are due for high 70's tomorrow.......

Jim Bob
08 Super Nova
Greenwood SC (jest slightly south of Nova Pal Paul in Greer, SC)