PDA

View Full Version : SuperNova Dometic Refrigerator

galena
01-09-2009, 07:13 AM
We just returned from a great three week trip to Frorida and only had one "issue" with our SuperNova. I have tried the manufacturer and local service centers with no luck, so am going to forum. After three weeks using the NDR1292, no air conditioner turned on in camper, the coils were frozen over pretty thick, no defrost action. We drove straight thru and didn't notice until 3/4 way home that the refrigerator was not working, it was set to switch over to gas automatically. The refrigerator is now working OK on gas and electric.
Questions, 1) why did the defrost not work and/or 2) should I have had the Climate Control System on?

Texas TC
01-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Can't help you with that one. I have had one issue with my fridge and it was my fault. Doing some dry camping at a race track, I heard the fridge trying to start on propane when I turned the generator off and got an error light. I had recently had some service work done and the technician turned the propane valve off. I checked it after a few minutes of backtracking through possible problems and found the culprit. Turned the propane valve on and everything worked great since.

I hope you find resolution to your issue and share it with us. We may all run in to it at some time or another if it is a system issue. I was surprised that Dometic could not help you with a solution.