PDA

View Full Version : Plans for this year.

woodworker414
01-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Well, went and did it, if the DW was mobile she would have used a ballbat on me. Bought a lot in a lake developement, my son-in-law bought the one next to me. He is in trouble also. Gee, its hard to explain how much fun we are going to have. No offers of help in clearing the land so we can put in parking for the rvs. Hey, we told them there are 12 lakes to fish, neither of them fish. So that didn't help, said that the vol. fire dept. puts on a fund raiser steak dinner each month. That got a weeeee bit of attention. We have electric from a large gen. set. putting a extra muffler on it and building a as much as we can sound proof building for the gen. with a cooling fan for the gen. That helped a touch with the girls knowing that there will be A/C. We will be getting a blue tote, for the tanks, have fresh water up at the entrance, so we have to get water jugs to haul water. Gee, I can't understand the lack of adventure.
Oh well, we will start clearing soon, have to get a bobcat to cut a drive up into the lots, level out a place for the rvs, haul in gravel for the drive and parking pads. Cut down trees, clear underbrush, etc. Yee Haaaa, having fun. Hope to be ready by early spring. The son-in-law already has a couple of 4wheelers, but we are looking for a good golf cart, so that the girls can go sightseeing. So this year the MH should get a good work out.
Bill

rjf7g
01-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Congrats on your new lot. I love my seasonal site and wouldn't trade it for anything. How else can you leave work every Friday and know you're going camping?

woodworker414
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Well rjf7g, thats the plan, but being a retired carpenter, I can go anytime, ye ha, I made a comment to the DW yesterday, even with the snow coming down I was ready to head out, needless to say she thought I was crazy. But what else is new. Build a fire in the fire ring, sit back in the easy chair, drink a good cup of coffee, watch the fire, watch for wildlife, watch it snow, mess with the fire, cook some sausage over the open fire, listen to good music, etc. You get the idea!!!!!
Camping.
Bill

rjf7g
01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Bill, you're my kind of camper. Enjoy yourself!

Kathy
02-02-2009, 06:01 AM
Congrats on your new lot. Enjoy