PDA

View Full Version : vacuum pump location

frank
02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
where is the vacuum pump,for the hvac controls,located. i see the line under the hood in the front,and the little vacuum container , but where is the pump.

rayhisako
02-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Different Model MH but on mine, 2002 Yellowstone DP it was in the fuse compartment below the drivers seat and accessible through an outside compartment door. See my post---2002 Yellowstone diesel Pusher dated 9 Aug 2008. Good luck.
Ray

jauguston
03-10-2009, 10:43 AM
It is in one of the left side storage compartments. Can't remember what one. Follow the hose back from the black ball on the firewall.

FYI I had trouble with my controls not working properly and found the factory had used a 1/4" vacuum hose to connect the pump to the round black plastic ball vacuum storage tank on the firewall in front of the driver under the hood. The hose barb is recessed in the bottom of the ball and is sized for 3/16" hose. The connection was loose and the little pump could not create any vacuum.

Jim

quikduk
03-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Frank,

Longtime no post for me. Good to hear you are still at it with your SVB.

The vacuum "pod" should be under the front cowling (to either side) and if my memory is correct, the controls should be in the fuse compartment (driver's side front compartment)

Check the size and quality of the hose too as it "should" be ribbed vacuum hose which is very pliable. If you have to replace it, go with silicone as it will outlast you. If your local AP store can't get it, it is a little pricier but you can get it at a local BMW dealership. Look for a mid-80's 325 (3-series) in their parts fiche and you should be able to find it.

Ken