PDA

View Full Version : A & E electric awning

diveman52
02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
We recently purchase a 2006, 38? Crescendo 8386. The unit was a repo. So I?m still working on getting all the manuals. I don?t have one for the awning which is why the question.
It has an A & E Electric awning with remote control unit. I can?t figure out how the remote is supposed to work or even it does. Does anyone have this, can anyone give me some information?
Thank you for any help.
Bill

coolchas11
02-09-2009, 06:17 PM
We have the awning on our Tour Master. Now I'm curious if we ever got a remote! In the compartment below there is a switch to on/off the wind sensor.

diveman52
02-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Yes I know about the switch for the wind sensor.

hyall
02-10-2009, 07:52 AM
We have it, has two buttons on the key remote one the main and the other for door awning which on our unit its not automatic there is a switch also inside the unit for manual extend and retract Is this what your questioning?

Russ

diveman52
02-10-2009, 08:04 AM
No, what I'm questing is how to make the remote work.
Sounds like you have the same control box as I do.
Just a black box about 5" square with the wind sensor switch on the left side and the open close switch in the front of the box.
Do you have any thing in your manual concerning operation of the wireless remote?
Thanks
Bill

hyall
02-10-2009, 09:21 AM
No, what I'm questing is how to make the remote work.
Sounds like you have the same control box as I do.
Just a black box about 5" square with the wind sensor switch on the left side and the open close switch in the front of the box.
Do you have any thing in your manual concerning operation of the wireless remote?
Thanks
Bill

No just the key remote that works automately like a door key remote no instruction I guess self-explanatory also I leave the wind sensor off pain in the butt open close open close just for small winds

Just downloaded missing manual that I didn't have from your question on irv2 Thank you

rdlamb
02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
I agree, the wind sensor was the biggest hemorrhoid I have had with our coach. It is not dependable. You can test the wind sensor with a shop vacuum set to the "blow" output, to see if the awning will even close with that amount of air flow.
The remote takes a special battery, Radio Shack has it. We have the remote, which I have "stuck" to the plastic side panel next to the copilot chair.
Finally, Dometic's site has information on the awning. I have found Dometic very customer service oriented and would not hesitate to call them for a manual.
Last, use a dry lube on the moving parts to increase the ease of opening or closing the awning. The tiny electric motor will thank you.

diveman52
02-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the input. I now have a working remote and am a happy camper.