PDA

View Full Version : Kind Dome Keeps seeking

dolidog2000
02-14-2009, 02:43 PM
How do I stop my King Dome Trac-King from continuously seeking when I am parked & watching TV? Thanks,
Bob form Oklahoma

coolchas11
02-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Is anything blocking the reception? We have found that one branch can cause it to search.

rdlamb
02-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Dolidog:

www.kingcontrols.com (http://www.kingcontrols.com) is the King Dome web site.

Call, 800-982-9920. Their customer service have been marvelous for us. They will walk you through diagnostics, trouble shoot your system, and answer your questions.

11B
02-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I have the auto-seek dish on my coach (not in motion or dome) I have had problems with locking on to the direct TV signal. I called Wine guard today and was told that due to changes by direct tv it would render my dish almost useless. I was instructed to search till it hit the signal then quickly shut unit off. My model number is AS-2003.

Win a few lose a few.

11B

RayChez1
02-23-2009, 05:50 PM
How do I stop my King Dome Trac-King from continuously seeking when I am parked & watching TV? Thanks,
Bob form Oklahoma

Dolidog2000, What do you have in your coach, a Kingdome or a Trac-King. You can't be watching television if the dome is still searching. The reason why it is searching is because it has not locked into a satelite. Do you have Direct or Dish?
I have a Kingdome and I am with Dish, but if I was to have any problems I would call Kingdome better because Dish techs don't know anything about a Kingdome satelite system. But just call Kingdome and ask for a tech and they will walk you through every step. Once you learn how to use the system it is very easy and will get a reception all the time (unless) you are blocked by a big tree or building.

rdlamb
02-24-2009, 02:00 PM
I echo the above. We were with Direct in the beginning, then jumped to Dish for reasons my wife will have to re-explain to me. Something to do with the new line-up of HD channels.
However, if you have a King Dome the site and telephone numbers I listed above will solve your problems.

trickto322
02-28-2009, 08:45 PM
We also have an auto-seek dish with direct and I tried everything in the book including 2 servicemen with no luck, it just would seek and go right past a very strong signal. It got to the point it would not even find home, totally lost. I had to remove it. Camping World said they discontinued that unit, great! Sorry for hi-jacking but I was so happy to see someone else had the same problem. :(