PDA

View Full Version : Gutters and Leaks

Nanaeve
03-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Soo, I took a small, 1' by 1 1/2" approx. piece of gray poly foam and placed it in the cab end of the gutters,stopped or slowed to a trickle the rain water into / on the cab doors. But thats just the start, seem the trip home from the dealer is So Cal was a rainy one, and the slid outs leak like a sieve. Carpets are soaked! Water is getting into the dinette / couch slide in the middle! Must be coming in on top of the subfloor as it is coming in by the area between the right dinnette and the couch on the slide not the main floor, and then soaking the cover flap where the slide and main frame meet. The bedroom slide has a large gaging hole in the rear lower right side of the slide that allows rain and daylight in but you have to literally stand on your head to see it but the water has come rushing in, soaking the carpet all the way to the bunk beds (2009 International / Endura 6341) We discovered it when we removed the plastic after we got home and let it all dry out. Then we let it set, thinking it had blown in during the trip home, but after a rain it was soaked again. Now were waiting to get seen. So much for Gulf Stream quality?

Texas TC
03-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Like all motor homes, Gulf Stream leaves some of the finish out up to the dealers. Unfortunately, this happens with coaches from most manufacturers in all price ranges. Having gone through this more than once, I have found that working with the dealer and Gulf Stream will, over time, provide you with a coach you will enjoy and will be fault free. I had a leak on mine and it was from the connection of the front cap to the main cabin. Dealers can run a test where they pressurize the inside of the coach, foam the outside, and find the source of your leaks. Had this done over a year ago, leaks were detected and repaired and have not returned.

The main thing, IMHO, is to establish a good working relationship with the dealer and GS. I did and they exceeded my expectations when it came to repairs and service.

It is my contention that most new coaches go through the first (warranty) year with issues. If you are diligent with your diagnosis and have the dealer make repairs during this period, subsequent years will be for enjoyment and relaxation.

Good luck with your year of terror and frustration. In my case, I am much more understanding having gone through the experience before.