PDA

View Full Version : Air Horn electical/operation question

fatboylust
03-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I have never gotten my air horns to sound off. There is a switch on the dash which I assume turns on the circuit and I know I have air to the air horn air/electrical solenoid. I also am guessing the steering wheel horn button is supposed to actuate the air horns when the dash switch is on. I have very limited electrical diagrams (a long standing GS tradition) so nothing I have is labeled for the air horn solenoid circuit. My GS motorhome owners manual doesn't mention the air horns.

Please tell me how the system is supposed to work and where the fuse is for the circuit too, if possible?

Thanks,

coolchas11
04-02-2009, 07:06 AM
I can't speak for the fuse. However, our air horns are activated by the dash switch and the steering wheel. The regular horn gives one blast and then the air horns sound. Charlie

Dennis Weaver
08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
I have the same problem, can't get the air horns to work. I have a 1995 GS Tourmaster w/ Cummings 400. The regular horn works fine, but the air horns don't come on. Where do I start troubleshooting?

danL
08-05-2010, 10:38 PM
More than likely your air valve is stuck. It generally is located at the drivers feet. To locate the air valve crawl under the motor home and pull the wires off the regular horn's. This will disable the horns. Now when you honk the air horns you will hear the air relay clicking but not opening. Locate it and disconnect the air line coming in from the air tanks. Best to bleed off the air tanks first. Now some light , 20 weight oil squirted into the air input on the relay. Push the horn button until the air relay frees up and put it all back together. Takes about 15-20 minutes to complete.
My 1996 GS Tourmaster needs it about every spring.
Happy travels: Dan