PDA

View Full Version : Shower Door Issue

nuthut
05-15-2009, 08:27 AM
I have the Crescendo 8386. The glass shower door opens up and the door stop is the corner of the vanity- the center of the glass door hits the vanity corner. This would not normallly be an issue with me or my wife because we would know to open the door gently, however I have two children who may forget "gently".

I guess #1, while this door appears to be glass, will it really break? Has anyone ever broke a shower door?

#2, I can put an aluminum strip across the door where it hits the corner, but I am not sure if that would help, as it would also flex into the glass when it is hit.

#3, Rig some sort of door stop at the bottom of door.

Anyone else dealt with this? Thanks

03heritagerider
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
If you could rig up a sliding arm to mount on top of the door by the hinge side, it would probably be best. You can probably purchase one of the sliding arms in a home improvement store.

The kind I'm referring to is the same thing that would be on a drop down secretary desk lid. I don't know if your coach is set up the same as mine, but under the fridge there is a storage area which has a drop down door. They employ those same arms for that door. If you want, I can take a photo and e-mail it to you.

mark2line
05-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I am in the glass business and yes the glass will break if it is hit hard enough. It is tempered safety glass and when it breaks it breaks into little pieces. If you have seen a side or rear window in a car break, that is what it will look like. The aluminum strip you suggested is no good.
I would get a self stick clear rubber bumper and put it on the glass where it will hit.
Hope this helps

Mark2line

nuthut
05-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks, Guys. It seems the bumper, if I can find one will be the cheapest and easy way out, but I think the slide type arm, like your SUV hatch has may be the best route. If I can find one the right size it will also hold the door shut when the coach is in motion and also help seal the water when taking showers. Thanks again for the advice and help.

diveman52
05-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Mine is the exact same way. You would think Goofstream could do a better job. At some point I'm going to have a new counter top installed and cut the corner to match the shower door. At least give it a little more opening.
Many people talk about Goofstream quality. I have yet to see it.

BrewMyOwn
05-20-2009, 10:23 PM
We have a 2005 8356 with the same bathroom as yours. We went to dollar store, bought the self adhesive, round furniture felt (about 1 1/2 inch circle) put it on the vanity side, and that is where it has been for 2 years. Those lil felt pads come in handy in more places than you can imagine, and they come in many sizes!