PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the Tank Sensors

03heritagerider
05-15-2009, 12:57 PM
After the coach was a year old we had a problem with the Black Water tank sensors always reading FULL. I was told by several folks that it was just the gunk build-up on the inside of the tank giving the false reading and not much you can do about it. So it was always a guessing game and a bit of a gamble to figure when to empty.

Last month I was talking to a full-timer in Florida and he gave me a tip on how to clean it.
Do this just before you have a distance to drive.
1) Empty the tank, fill with plain water to rinse and empty it again.
2) After emptying the tank, pour a cup of Dawn dishwashing liquid into the toilet drain.
3) Flush about 5 gallons of water down the toilet.
4) Drop about 20 pounds of ice down the toilet drain.
5) Start driving.
As you drive, the ice agitates the soap and provides enough friction to clean the side of the tank.
We drove from Florida to Pennsylvania. Emptied the soapy water from the tank and the sensors read "EMPTY"
Thanks to GARY formerly of Sorrento, FL and now of New Smyrna Beach, FL for the advice.

Invisible
06-03-2009, 05:49 PM
:lol: Laugh if you wish but...try flushing a large bag of ice and then take a drive down a bumpy road!

Fl Mike
06-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I used the ice trick (no soap, just ice) and worked like a charm!!

Now try to remember to it every few months...

israndy
05-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Or just use one of those blaster wands from Camping World hooked to a hose. Lots of tank sprayers that can also be permanently mounted. Wish they ran off the water tank as I hate hooking up the hose for just a second.

Thinking about using those Winnebago style sensors that live outside the tank.

-Randy

stonesfan
07-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the Tip! But now that I've Flushed 20lbs of Ice down the Toilet, How do I keep my BEER COLD.............................................. .. :D

Stoney

Frosty
07-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Hurry up and drink it!!!

Luckiest Dreamer
07-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the Tip! But now that I've Flushed 20lbs of Ice down the Toilet, How do I keep my BEER COLD.............................................. .. :D

Stoney
Put it in the tank!