PDA

View Full Version : Power Gear Jacks

galena
06-18-2009, 09:13 PM
We pulled into our site today and setup using the auto level. Everything went OK until I noticed after about 5 minutes it was sloping to one side. To make a long story short, it appears the back 2 jacks parking brakes are not engaging. I went under the back and used my hand to engage the one that was raised the most and thought everything was OK until I notice the other rear jack has about about 1/4 inch above the ground. I am OK and are going home on Monday, but since GS will not give out wiring diagrams does anyone know of fuses that may have gone?
Thanks

Texas TC
06-28-2009, 09:42 AM
If you were able to retract the jacks, I doubt that there is a fuse issue. When I had to have one of mine replaced, they also replaced the circuit board and re calibrated the null (level position). I would think you need to replace the circuit board or re calibrate the level position. I have the instructions for doing this but it is rather long for posting here unless you think you need to try it. If so, let me know and I will give it a shot.

galena
06-29-2009, 06:51 AM
TC this was one of those problems we all hate, it worked fine when I got home! I have tried it "several" times and it worked fine. I had re calibrated the jacks about 6 months ago to make the RV lower in the rear drivers side to let the AC condensation run off at that point, and it has always worked like a champ. Knock on wood this this is the first issue we have had in about 8 months and who knows, I will just address if it happens again.
I saw a comment about not being able to get thru to Power Gear on one of the forums, but I got thru on the first try and they were very helpful and told me they would send parts to me or authorize a dealer to work on the jacks.

dsomonster
06-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Galena,
I don't know if this applies to your issue, but I had a similar problem last month.

I was out in the California High Desert and for the first time it did not level and the darn thing kept blinking, but NOT beeping. I manually dropped the jacks in the areas to finally get level. I had to move the rig to dump grey water about 2 days later and had the same problem.

Got her home and, voila, the jacks work fine.

Took her out twice since then and the problem has not come back since.

I had my tech look at it when I installed my inverter and he could not find any issues.

Just my $0.02.

-Ron

dsomonster
06-29-2009, 10:07 AM
TexasTC, Galena,
How do you recalibrate the level of the jacks?

Thanks,
Ron

galena
06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
I went to Power Gear web site and downloaded the instructions. The tip sheet for mine is #11002 for Control # 140-1224 Rev 0G, "Electric Jack Installation/Calibration Control".
I have notes on my sheet that mine is 140-1226, but same instructions. I had my wife on the level as I leveled and it was pretty easy. If questions let me know.