PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Inverter?

Nanaeve
07-05-2009, 09:30 PM
We have a 2009 6341 Endura on the International chassis and have yet to find the inverter that GS lists on our invoice as having been installed. Where is it and what outlet(s) does it power? Any one got any ideas?

hyall
07-07-2009, 06:59 AM
As you see I have something different but if you're not connected to shore test and see what has power refrig , tv, etc with no shore power

mfa
07-07-2009, 09:05 PM
It might be behind the panel under the sink...

univmd
07-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Mine is in the first compartment door on the driver's side. It's a white box.

Texas TC
07-15-2009, 07:50 AM
All of the inverters I have seen on the International chassis coaches have been mounted in our around the TV equipment cabinet. The inverter has been a duplex that is intended to operate DVD, satellite dish or other TV related equipment. My SuperNova, being one of the first built, did not have an inverter. I thought I would need one so I purchased one from Camping World about a year and a half ago and have never installed it. So far, I have not found a need for it.

Nanaeve
07-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Took off a panel in back of the shelf over the Radio / AV Center . Along with a mess of speaker wires I found two #2 wires a red and a gray one, not connected to anything there but with 12VDC and Ground on them. There is not any power to any 120V receptical in the coach, without shore power or generator in use. This tells me that GS screwed up again and "Forgot" something that my build sheet sayes is there. ALSO, while installing a surge protector in the incoming power, I opened up the Auto Switch over box and found that the insulation on the wiring from the Generator where it entered the box was cut and copper was exposed on all three conductors. This was done when the installer (GS) cut the cable cover to get the wires to pigtail into the switch box. This was 120 VAC, 50A waiting for a fire to happen. You might want to check you wiring!