PDA

View Full Version : Water runs out of tank filler and vent, model 5291

bottieri
07-13-2009, 04:49 PM
When I took delivery a few weeks ago I saw the water spots all over the L/R under the gravity fill plate. This is something I could not live with. Water spots on the body!

Here's how I corrected that!

I bought 5 feet of clear plastic hose at Lowe's - 1/2 inch inside diameter, two small hose clamps and a 1/2 inch OD male/male connector.

Under the bed I disconnected the vent pipe from the tank end, attached one end of the new hose to the tank and the other end I patched with the connector and two clamps to the end of the existing hose.

Carefully, so I didn't kink the hose where it comes out of the tank I curled it up and taped it to the top of the tank. Do NOT attach it to the bed frame or any part of the bed - it moves with the slide and you'll tear the hose free.

Using .050 gasket material, I made a gasket for inside the fill pipe cap. There isn't much free play for the threads to grasp, so you can't use a think material. Be sure it's good and round and fills the cap so it catches the pipe lip.

Using white vinegar, I soaked the water spots for about 15 minutes with a sponge and washed them off.

So far - no more water spots from splashed out tank water. :D :D