PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone antenna

darbyjudy
03-15-2006, 07:21 PM
We spend some time in the fall up in TN and also KY and find where we are camping the cell phone service is very poor. I have been considering buying a wilson truckers antenna and placing it on my ladder. Do any of you do that and if so what can I expect in improved cell phone reception.
We have AlTel as our provider.

Roy Buzzard
03-15-2006, 08:06 PM
it depends on the area. If your coverage when you are outside is pretty much non existent then it probably won't help much. If coverage is decent and you are losing signal inside then I can see it working out pretty well. FYI-I have never used one but I do work on radio systems.

TSoul
03-16-2006, 06:33 AM
I have not used one yet however, I have heard good things about them. I thought we might get one down the road sometime. I have heard they will bring in a signal as much as 50 miles from a tower. I don't know if it is true but it sounded impressive to me. Good luck with it. If you get it please share the resulting experience with it on here. Thanks. Happy Camping.

gator
03-16-2006, 08:37 PM
I use one on my p/u bed out at my hunt camp in the swamps. Some times i get up on my old motorhome to try and get service. 99% of the time i could not get out. Since i installed the trucker on the back of my truck bed rail, i have not failed to get out. In fact, a few of my fellow hunters stop by my camp to use my cell phone. I use Verizon for service. No more climbing up on my camper or swamp buggy. Yea!!!!!!

gator
03-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Oh yeah, i plan to install one on the ladder of my Canyon Trail by using a boat antenna base to allow it to fold down without too much labor.

TheBlackWizard
08-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Cell phone Antennas on RV trucks are very important because there are places with poor reception and you cant do anything about it unless you have an antenna.

03heritagerider
09-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Do these antennae need to be directly connected to the cell phone, or just on the rig somewhere?

golf bandit
11-10-2011, 01:03 PM
I guess its because your far to reach your phone signal that is way its too low.