PDA

View Full Version : Fantistic Vent in Bedroom

diveman52
07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
I have a 2006, 8386, Crescendo and want to add a powered vent (fantastic Vent) in the bedroom. Has anyone done this. Wondering if Goof Stream made any provisions for power anywhere. I plan on it being a wireless control unit so all I need is 12 volt power.
Oh yes I did try to contact Goof Stream to no avail.

mfa
07-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I have a Gulf Stream Class C that came with a Fantistic Fan vent in the bedroom, so I think the answer to your question is probably "yes."

GO BLUE
07-30-2009, 09:04 AM
If your trying to get rid of smoke or something like that you probably need that fan....I installed a low profile 52" ceiling fan to move air in the bedroom ..takes away stuffy feeling.....tried a 12 volt ceiling fan ...would not move any air.....went to lowes and got a 120 volt 6 blade ....works great.........jim k

diveman52
07-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Please reply only to my specific question. :x
It applies to a 38' Class A, 8386. Not a class C and I don't want a ceiling fan.
I don't need any idiotic answers

11B
07-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Wow driverman thats kind of a rough tone to take when folks are only trying to help you. You should try taking a day off maybe it will help with your out look on life.

Looks to me like these folks were only offering some differant options to you, no need for name calling on this site or any other.

diveman52
07-30-2009, 11:20 AM
It's to bad you can't read either. Or is it English you have a problem with.
To many people posting BS here

gsadmin
07-30-2009, 04:28 PM
We are a self policed set of rv enthusiasts here that particpate solely for the purpose of helping each other out.

There is no reason to take the tone I have seen in this thread.

Everyone should remember that people post to help and do not deserve this kind of treatment.

I am not closing this thread Yet or deleting posts. Work it out. See the error in your ways diverman and make amends.

>Edited for typos caused by fat-fingering on my iPhone :^)

mfa
07-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Please reply only to my specific question. :x
It applies to a 38' Class A, 8386. Not a class C and I don't want a ceiling fan.
I don't need any idiotic answers

Believe it or not, I was replying to your question. Gulf Stream uses many of the same general plans and construction techniques for the "box" that they put on comparable-size chassis, whether the chassis is Super-C or Class A.

gsadmin
07-30-2009, 09:37 PM
And to add to what mfa said, in my experience, many different GS models use the same base wireloom/wiring configuration. It would not surprise me if there was a power stub up there. If not, you might be able to tie into the roof air relay power somehow with an additional switch to toggle between the roof air or the fantastic fan when the thermostat trips...but that last comment is more of a guess...

I guess at this point, you can cut the hole and if there isn't one, get out your fish tape!

GO BLUE
07-31-2009, 07:21 AM
37 years as an electrician and he cant find 12 volts in the bedroom light....I tried to say I dug deeper and found 120 volt wires next to light switch box.........take a pill

gsadmin
07-31-2009, 09:24 AM
It's to bad you can't read either. Or is it English you have a problem with.
To many people posting BS here

One last thing from me here for now...if you are going to get on your "high horse" and declare someone else as having problems with English, you might want to re-read (and edit) the title you gave to this thread. :shock:

11B
07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Poor diveman, I see where he pulled the same bad attitude on IRV.2 and was also asked to leave that site. I won't waste my time to reply to his post back to me about the english and reading as I learned a long time ago you wrestle with a sunk all your going to get is stink on you.

Go Blue, sorry to say but I don't think he was a elec. for thirty seven years rather a union member only in in the IBEW, as far as him taking a pill I'm sure after thirty seven years in the union if there not there to tell him at what time or what color he's outa luck.