PDA

View Full Version : Tire Minders From Camping World?

bumper
08-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Has anyone used the Tire Minders From Camping World??(on sale now)
i purchased a set for my class A rated at 80-85 lb's but after getting home i noticed on some internet pages people were having flats after installing these on their cars. now these are the Max/Stealth models that were reduced from $40.00 to $27.78 so were they trying to get rid of them or are they safe to use?? 8)

Timothy
08-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Don't waste your money, they are junk. The first set stayed green even though there was only 20 lbs in the tire, they replaced those with the "max stealth" which leaked after about 10 miles of the 6 I had 4 leaked. Threw them in the garbage and bought a pressure pro, has been very dependable, the sensors are about 4 years old and still going. I take them off in between trips to save the batteries.

rdlamb
08-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Ditto. Bought the tire minders, and found them undependable. One of my steering tires was at 65 lbs, when it should be at 120 lbs, with the minder still showing green. I found out the minder leaked, and had to replace it anyway.

I also went to a tire monitoring system. Very happy with it.

bumper
08-31-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys , i took them back and refunded my money, good idea tho , if they were trouble free. also noticed you have to replace them at 40000 miles ,lol

holmesaw
09-01-2009, 01:02 AM
I have the tire minders and have never had a problem with them, but my tires have never been down over 5 lbs. Guess I have been lucky. I check pressure before every outing so probably don't need them anyway.