PDA

View Full Version : 08 Tourmaster: passenger bedroom slide: cables slip out?

univmd
08-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Wondering if anyone has made the same observation on theirs: when I deploy my passenger-side bedroom slide, covered cables slip out from underneath the slide into the bedroom, smashed between the slide and the bedroom carpet. I have to tuck the cables back into/under the slide after the slide is deployed. Anyone know what I'm talking about? What are these cables? How do I fasten them so that they are tight and stay inside the slide?

rdlamb
08-26-2009, 05:28 PM
I just had to have my cables replaced, one broke. It seems they were not fastened correctly.
The Tech, who fixed my slide, was impressed with the slide's maker. However, he noted that the cables were not installed properly, nor tensioned properly.
I'd guess that your retaining system (spring loaded), broke. Time for a dealer visit.

univmd
08-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Thank you for your post. But just to clarify... the cables I'm talking about are not the steel pulley cables that pull/push the slide in and out. These cables look more like black electrical wires. I guess "wires" is a better word for what I'm talking about?:-)

rdlamb
08-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi Univmd:

The wires, being electrical, are probably just misplaced out of their track. In my coach, the electrical wires are running along the ceiling. If you have a wire harness running along the floor, most of the time they just use a wire-tie with an anchor loop end, and screw it down to the subfloor.

Not a classy as using a true loop anchor, but works well enough to keep your wires from being in the way when the slide moves.

David Bott
08-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi...

You may care to remove the drawers and take a look. You then can see and attach the cables in some why. All the drawers can come up and it sounds like it may be the A/V cables with extra slack.

Hope this helps.