PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Hitch Install on a Sedona

trafficmaker
03-31-2006, 08:59 AM
Is it true that GS will void a warantee on the frame if a receiver is installed on a 5vr? If so, how long is the warantee? I don't have my paper work handy. I am looking to eventually pull a 5x10 utility trailer with a golf cart on it for in state trips.

RV Wizard
04-01-2006, 03:22 AM
trafficmaker, welcome to the website. I believe the warranty on you coach is 2 years. Many manufacturers will void the warranty for installing a hitch on the rear of fifth wheels and trailers. THe units were not really designed for this in mind. THis is not to say that it will perform fine just that they do not want to accept the liability and so make this stipulation in the owners manual.

cableguy574
08-24-2006, 06:23 PM
My warranty is for 2 years on my yeelowstone 8)

I had a reciver install for a bike rack. They had a hard time try to get that solid. I do not if it will hold up to towing :shock:

lockdoc
08-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Yes it is true that they will void the frame warranty and also any possible claims to exterior finish in the rear of the 5er if any cracks should appear as once you add the hitch GS cannot dictate what gets hooked to it. I understood their position and decided for me it was worth the gamble to go ahead and add the hitch. So far all I have used it for was one test drive with my PPC trailer and one camping trip with a very solid bike rack for our two bicycles.

It becomes a personal choice.....good luck with whatever you choose.

On edit- I noticed that I was replying to an OLD thread. I bet your decision has long since been made!? What did you do??

trafficmaker
10-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Oppps, sorry Lockdoc, I kinda forgot about this site...

I opted to put a receiver hitch on my wife's Ford Escape and let her pull our 5'x10' utility trailer with the golf cart and small boat on it. If we are camping around home, this is the plan. If out of state, we leave the toys home.
I'm not ready yet to void my frame warranty. I'll see at the end of 07 about putting the hitch on then.

blue09rocket
03-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Hope you dont mind resurrecting this thread. Anyway. The 2 years warranty is actually a good time frame for the total used of the receiver hitch. I have installed the 2" Receiver hitch mounted with a nylon step t on my Dodge. And within almost one year and six months, it already barren so we avail the warranty.

http://www.gsowners.com/attachments/photobucket/img_13455_778be6bd55f09e3b01b8b0046ce71378.jpg

bradphil
03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Of course warranty can save us a lot of money. Like what I have a Breezeway (http://www.jcwhitney.com/breezeway/b1986j1s9.jcwx) receiver hitch step, the replacement is almost available after we bring it to our local store.