PDA

View Full Version : international electrical

michaelmangine
11-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi all, i have a 08 endura internation chassis, the other night we broke down and after 3 mobile mechnics found out it was a special fuse for the ecm computer. He told me he has fixed ten of these in the last month and they just issued a recall on school buses for this fuse, just wondering if anybody else heard anything or has had a problem. thanks mike.

p.s this fuse is the flat connectors on top of your battery,s for the truck part

Texas TC
11-24-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the fuse. I have seen it on the chassis battery but have not had an issue so far. Just turned 32,000 miles so mine must be a good one. I am going to International in the morning for an oil change and I will ask the service writer about it.

Texas TC
11-25-2009, 12:18 PM
I checked with my International dealer today and my chassis was not covered under a recall.

michaelmangine
11-25-2009, 04:53 PM
no its not covered i think electrical is only 90 days,just busses are recalled,has any body had trouble with powergear electric jacks

Texas TC
11-25-2009, 05:55 PM
I had one go bad and replaced under warranty. When the right rear jack stuck in the down position, it had to be raised using the battery out of my ATV. They replaced the circuit board at the same time they replaced the defective jack. Other than that, no problems. I have had hydraulic and electric jacks on two different coaches. Although I had that problem with the electric jacks, I prefer them over the hydraulic due to less maintenance required and they don't take up an entire storage bay for equipment. Also, the Power Gear jacks are easier to use than the ones I had on my last coach.

michaelmangine
11-25-2009, 07:01 PM
i have a bad ground some where and it flashes low-voltage, it's only happened twice but it's a pain in the ass, and nobody will give you a wireing diagram other wise i love the coach

dcwinters
12-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I had that fuse to go out while traveling down the interstate. Lost all power and engine died, not fun... The fuse did not blow. Instead the fuse got so hot it melted the holder.

I replace the fuse with a Maxi Fuse and fuse holder (large type). Still at the same 40amps. But it does not get hot now.

I would recommend everyone spend the few bucks and replace.

Nanaeve
12-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Please for those of us alittle slow, where is this fuse? A picture even a hand drawn one would be alot of help. Also, along with the 5 seals GS "forgot" to install in our 09 6341 they didn't install the inverter. I found two large #4wires , I think, just stuffed behind the panel above the DVD/Tuner. They are hot ALL THE TIME, so I taped them off, but want to install a switch at the batteries and also fuses just before the inverters, any idea where they come from? Thanks for any info, I think the reason no wiring diagrams are avaviable is that each coach is done however it can be to pass inspection (?) at GS so they can get it out the door.

michaelmangine
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
the fuse is on top of engine baterys in a black holder