PDA

View Full Version : Gulfbreeze window valances and shades

kscaddo
12-01-2009, 07:38 PM
We just returned from our first trip in the new Gulfbreeze 26QBS. The trailer overall seems well made. However, on one of the side valences on the dinette window, the bottom screw just pulled out. On one of the bedroom windows, the screws securing the shade to the top valence just pulled out. This seems like plain shoddy manufacturing to me. Has anyone else had these problems?
Regards

hyall
12-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Gee we get that with our motor home imagine driving your house down the road lol

kscaddo
12-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the help.

RJ82much
12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Though I haven't used them yet, I do carry a container of the sheetrock/paneling fasteners. You insert a plastic expansion plug into the wall where the original screw pulled out. When you screw the replacement screw in, it expands the plastic against the wall board & behind it. They will work for awhile.

I'm sure I got my variety of sizes from Home Depot, maybe even WalMart.

Dexter
12-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Some would say we all have a screw loose for carring our home around on wheels. But to your problem. As long as these motor homes are made of wood and aluminum you will have screws work loose from the twisting and turning of the entire frame while going 55-70 mph down the road. A simpler cure is an old carpenters trick I leared as a boy, way back when. Keep a supply of wooden tooth picks around and when a screw works loose fill the hole untill they stick and try the screw again. You can also add a little wood glue to the tooth picks for a fix that last a little longer.

kscaddo
12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Great advice! Thanks guys. 8)

GStream40
12-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Though I haven't used them yet, I do carry a container of the sheetrock/paneling fasteners. You insert a plastic expansion plug into the wall where the original screw pulled out. When you screw the replacement screw in, it expands the plastic against the wall board & behind it. They will work for awhile.

I'm sure I got my variety of sizes from Home Depot, maybe even WalMart.

+1 on that suggestion. They are at least three in our coach.

The wife gets carried away sometimes pulling on things. :shock:
I mean she pulls too hard pulling things loose from the coach. :lol: