PDA

View Full Version : Automatic leveling

Beaufort NC
12-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Has anyone replaced the manual controlled hydraulic system with an automatic system? What kind? How does it work? What problems?

hyall
12-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm interested in this post thinking of the same thing

03heritagerider
01-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Our coach came equipped with an auto level system (Dewald). Our previous coach (Hurricane) did not, and we had a system installed. Neither one worked very well when it came to getting it accurately level. I just use the manual setting in combination with a dual direction bubble level that I got at Home Depot (about $3.00).

Another trick, for me, is using either the bathroom door or medicine cabinet door as a guide. Open them, and if they stay put you're fairly level. If they swing either way on their own, you need to adjust.

Beaufort NC
01-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Another trick, for me, is using either the bathroom door or medicine cabinet door as a guide. Open them, and if they stay put you're fairly level. If they swing either way on their own, you need to adjust.

There is a really good idea. Thanks for that one!

Fl Mike
01-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Our GS has the manual leveling system (DeWalt) but the Mobile Command Post our City utilizes has the automatic system. With the auto system it seems to take forever to get the unit set (up to five minutes sometimes). I can generally get the manual system on our GS level in least then two minutes so it convinced me not to fool with the auto systems....

Michael