PDA

View Full Version : Slow draining tanks

Walldo
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Any one out there have slow draining waste tanks? Well I just spent 2 hours on Saturday taking the knife valves apart on my 08 SuperNova and removing the cut outs from when they plumbed in the gray and black tanks at the factory... My question is why don't they just take the extra time, a hole 30 seconds to reach into the tank and remove the plug after they drill the hole? Why not save the customer time and money; instead of taking the attitude out of site, out of mind or Not my problem? Just had to RANT..... :?
Happy Camping!

LabCab
01-19-2010, 08:30 PM
'Cause like so many other things these days..........NO ONE CARES.
Had the same situation.

RayChez1
01-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I guess the class C has a different type of dump valves then the class A. My class A coach has about a four inch dump valve for the black tank and about a two inch for the grey. They are sixty five gallon and forty five and I can dump them in about a minute.

mfa
01-19-2010, 09:27 PM
I guess the class C has a different type of dump valves then the class A. My class A coach has about a four inch dump valve for the black tank and about a two inch for the grey. They are sixty five gallon and forty five and I can dump them in about a minute.

What the OP is talking about is this -- when they drill the large hole in the tank for the valve, they use a hole saw and sometimes the big plug falls off and into the inside of the tank. In his case, they just left it in there. Eventually, it works its way back to the valve opening and sits there blocking the valve.

RayChez1
01-19-2010, 09:44 PM

What the OP is talking about is this -- when they drill the large hole in the tank for the valve, they use a hole saw and sometimes the big plug falls off and into the inside of the tank. In his case, they just left it in there. Eventually, it works its way back to the valve opening and sits there blocking the valve.

WOW! That is really bad. I had never heard of such poor quality control. Or is it that somebody just didn't care. Yea, I am afraid that would really piss me off.
Thanks for the info. I thought maybe the class C's had a different type of valve for dumping.