PDA

View Full Version : awning

jshelley13
02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
when rolling up my awning,sometimes it works fine, other times it is very slow?,the other day , it was raining , & it would not roll up?, after playing w/ it & helping to hand roll it , ....... it slowly began to to rollup????any ideas....thks Jim

TNTraveler
02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
What make is your awning? Had the same trouble with mine and its a Care free of Colorado. Haven't been able to open it lately cause of the weather but will in a few weeks to check out the problem. Also you shouldn't roll up an awning if its wet. Will cause the material to smell and get rotten.

jshelley13
02-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I will get back w/ you on the make?...meanwhile I am talking w/ gulfstream , & hopefully someone else will respond....thks Jim

jshelley13
02-05-2010, 08:39 PM
my awning is a weather pro by A&E systems....weather pro says the following...when I roll it out it might be going out or extending too far?, also check the elect connections, & make sure that it rolls up evenly....Jim Creech @ gulfstream says the power comes from the house batteries...in the next few days, I plan on checking these out?, will let you all know, meanwhile if anyone has any input pls share it w/ me...thks. Jim

GO BLUE
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I would unroll my awning too far and it would fill with water and would not dump or bend one side I called A & E and they said unroll and roll back up so that awning would be taunt.....when it did fill up with water it would not roll back.....if you use a pushbroom and push the water off from the bottom it will then work....water froze in awning last year in daytona played heck getting all the ice off.......jim k

jshelley13
02-08-2010, 10:13 PM
thks jim k, I will take heed, Jim

David Bott
02-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Slow awning roll is usually either low battery power or a motor going bad. Usually it is power related. (from what I have seen and people I have spoken with.) How are your house batteries? When are you trying to roll it? Are you plugged in on shore power, running the Gen, or have the coach running? I ask for it could be a low power issue if your batteries are not charging as needed when one of those is active.

Just tossing out thoughts.

jshelley13
02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
thks david, I just replaced my hse batteries, & same thing happened, will check out connections....is there any way I can check the motor?thks jim

David Bott
02-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Hard to test the motor in the awning as the motor is in the roll of the awning. and the awning moves. ;) How you usually test a motor is to see how much voltage drop their is, at the motor, when running. The higher the voltage drop, the more motor is trying to work. It should not drop more than 1v if running as it should. Example...my 10 amp water pump drops only .3 volts or so when running.

Side note...A voltage drop can also mean poor, damaged, etc wiring. Wire must be the propor guage for the application and amp draw.

But it will be hard to test either way.

Hope this may help.

jshelley13
02-10-2010, 07:28 PM
thks david, will check it out....jim

ravinsp
11-23-2011, 04:27 AM
An awning or overhang is a secondary covering attached to the exterior wall of a building. It is typically composed of canvas woven of acrylic, cotton or polyester yarn, or vinyl laminated to polyester fabric that is stretched tightly over a light structure of aluminium, iron or steel, possibly wood or transparent material (used to cover solar thermal panels in the summer, but that must allow as much light as possible in the winter). The configuration of this structure is something of a truss, space frame or planar frame. Awnings are also often constructed of aluminium understucture with aluminium sheeting. These aluminium awnings are often used when a fabric awning is not a practical application where snow load as well as wind loads may be a factor.

AlLee
11-20-2013, 04:52 AM
An awning or overhang is a secondary covering attached to the exterior wall of a building. It is typically composed of canvas woven of acrylic, cotton or polyester yarn, or vinyl laminated to polyester fabric that is stretched tightly over a light structure of aluminium, iron or steel, possibly wood or transparent material (used to cover solar panel (http://www.shinesolar.net) in the summer, but that must allow as much light as possible in the winter). The configuration of this structure is something of a truss, space frame or planar frame. Awnings are also often constructed of aluminium understucture with aluminium sheeting. These aluminium awnings are often used when a fabric awning is not a practical application where snow load as well as wind loads may be a factor.
Glad to find such useful post.. I will take care of the aluminium awnings features and would try to find suitable provider soon.