PDA

View Full Version : air brake -wiring a brake controller

frank
02-11-2010, 09:45 AM
can anyone tell me where to look for the brake tie-in wire/switch location would be . hooking up a brake controller for a unified brake control system. my m/h didnt come wired for a control. the person that i bought the m/h from towed a car without a brake hook up so theres only a flat four pin connector at the hitch that i think is just tapped in to the motor homes brakelight wires at the rear. this would be the first hook up that i done with air brakes. has anyone done a hookup on there unit similar to this .thanks

David Bott
02-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi Frank...

If you have not yet already purchased the system, you would do yourself a favor and look at the SMI AirForce One system. I would also suggest having a dealer install it as it does tie into your brake air lines.

frank
02-11-2010, 10:38 AM
already got it .it came with a used tow bar and the system is now complete

David Bott
02-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Ok, Great!

Safe travels and happy braking!

frank
02-11-2010, 10:54 AM
when i say complete ,i mean the there were parts that i had to get to make the system complete.still not hooked up or installed.still looking for tips .
thanks

jerry57g
02-11-2010, 08:36 PM
I hooked up mine to the brake light switch under the front floorboards. The one that is on the pedal for the air brakes.

Arthur Hayes
02-12-2010, 11:14 AM
It has been almost 4 years since I hooked up my Unified Break system but I do remember that I got most of my information from their web site. Just down load the PDF file. I hope this helps if you have not done so already.