PDA

View Full Version : GS 6340 Kodiak; Cracked sidewall/ soft bathroom floor

PORTABLE PARADISE
02-24-2010, 08:09 AM
I was wondering if anyone with my modle rig has had any experience fixing the two main issues;

1) The crack on the exterior of the fiberglass by the front of the bedroom slide. I contacted GS and they are aware of the problem being the welds breaking. The fix is going to cost ME $3100.00 Because my rig is a 2004, no warranty etc.

2) The soft floor in the bathroom area. Contacted GS, they again are aware of the problems being not enough bracing on the floor area. The recommend cutting the floor open from inside the coach and adding bracing. Then replacing the wood and carpet/laminate.

Any help would be appreciated.
Brian

mfa
02-24-2010, 08:14 PM
For item 2, take a look at this thread (http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?t=1929&highlight=soft+floor).

PORTABLE PARADISE
02-25-2010, 10:38 AM
I thought water leak at first also. Tore everything apart, ;toilet, shower, digging under cabinets. Cut the vinal under shower... dry as can be. The floor only sagged this one time... then popped right back up. I then read that it is a floor saging from not enough frame in the floor.

Now.. I think it is cause of the fram flex from the leveling jacks.
Ever heard of this?
BC

hayden964
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
My endura did the same thing , I had the model with triple slides. I traded mine in on a supernova, that was when the dealer told me this was a common frame problem and was covered under warranty .

Endura Max
11-02-2020, 01:19 AM
Have the same issue in a 2007 model EnduraMax. I’ve been in 2 others with the same issue. Seems the lip of the floor board slips off the underlying frame and leaves a soft spot.. No water damage, rather lack of adequate floor support. Read elsewhere that it was an easy fix from underneath, but I’ve yet to address the issue.