PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Gulfstream Montaj

misha
02-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Anyone interested in this new A Class, should beware! I purchased mine in December and have been in the shop 22 days. The AC never cooled and if you move the temp control to anywhere but the coldest, you will get 90 dgrees coming out the vents. After many attempts to fix it, Gulfstream finally admitted, "It's the nature of the Beast". I've also replaced the slide-out awning (wasn't adjusted properly when installed), the generator pump, the furnace, wiring in slide-out (stranded in Resort on the 4th day) and I could go on, you get the picture. Oh yes, the engine stalled in a rainstorm on the 7th day and I was towed 60 miles and I'll just leave it at that. I'm still waiting on the coach and leveling manuals, which I've asked for over 20 times and I'm out $580 for repairs which they tell me I'll be refunded. They just don't know when. Proceed with caution. The rig itself could be a blast, if you could get it down the road!

RayChez1
02-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Sorry to read that you are having problems with your motorhome. I have read quit a bit about this new motorhome and it seemed to be a very nice motorhome. I just can't believe that Gulf Stream could not get the AC to work and tell you that it was the nature of the beast. I think I would have blown up right there and demanded to see Mr Shay himself. Some motorhomes when new do have a lot of shake down repairs, but once you get that taken care off it will probably never give you anymore problems. What it all comes down to is poor quality control and I imagine with the economy as it is all these companies have really cut down on labor. Twenty two days is a long time to repair anything on a motorhome. Don't just stay quite about it, be vocal and demand that they expedite the repairs. When I bought my Scenic Cruiser it never took more then two days to repair anything, but I was breathing right down their neck.
Good luck!
Ray

David Bott
03-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi...

22 days...Not bad...try 2.5 months when we first got our Tour Master.

My guess this will not be your last fix, as I think we all have learned, it really is the nature of the beast. ;)

Welcome to the club.