PDA

View Full Version : Scenic Cruiser owners

RayChez1
03-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Am I the only Scenic Cruiser owner left? I hardly ever see any posts of Scenic Cruiser owners. I believe the last year they manufactured the Scenic Cruiser was in 2006. Then they were replaced as the top coach by Friendship and now by TourMaster. I know my coach has been a wonderful coach, but I was wondering how other Scenic Cruiser owners are doing with their coaches. Sure feel bad that they stopped the production of them or else I would have bought me another one. All I see is the little logo picture of the forum on the top left of the screen of a Scenic Cruiser like mine except that is blue and mine is like a light gold, brown and some other color. Would like to hear from other owners to see how their coach has performed for them.

Kilgorehorn
05-21-2010, 01:12 AM
I bought my Scenic Cruiser used in 2005 and have been very happy with it.

RayChez1
05-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Yippie! Good to read that there are other Scenic Cruiser owners out there. You don't see too many of them. Just wonder what happened to all of them. I drive into a RV parks and people still think that it is a new design from GulfStream and are very impressed. When I tell them that it is a 2002 they are amazed that such a nice looking coach was discontinued.

Kilgorehorn
05-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Yeah, people are always surprised when I tell them mine is a 2000 model.

RayHarkness
06-06-2010, 08:43 AM
we have a 2002 Scenic Cruiser..and love it..been good.the occasional odds and ends, but I have since learned how to work my way thru things.

I made some wiring changes, put the fridge into the circuit that is activated when I used the inverter..great for on the road.....

the coach looks good too..people can't believe its an 02. I do have a question, do any of you know what the rocker switch is, on the dashboard, next to that large rectangular instrument cluster across the top? I may be stupid....well.I do have my moments.

Oh....I have learned, buy fuel in good well used truck stops that have fresh fuel, AND-keep a spare fuel filter handy!! R

RayChez1
06-16-2010, 10:43 PM
The rocker switch is for your odometer. It will give it to you in kilometers or miles.

Sundancer268
06-18-2010, 06:14 AM
1995 Scenic Cruiser 34' DP. Bought Used in 09. Still working out previous owner caused problems. Can not blame previous owner as he has passed on (Estate Sale). So far I love it, corrected engine problem and milage went from 7 MPG to over 10.5. Am still finding poor wiring practices like wires just twisted together and tape having fallen off. Just lost the Dash Radio/CD Player when wires shorted out. Nothing I did not expect with that old of a coach.

210craig
07-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I may be a new Scenic Cruiser owner. I will know Saturday. I found a 1994 34' DP, original owner, 24K, the thing looks brand new, always stored in a RV garage. New refer, microwave, tires.

The guy is asking $28,500. Hopefully I can close the deal.

Even though its nice its still a 16 YO coach so I'm sure I will get to know the forum well.

ruth
07-13-2010, 08:17 PM
We purchased a 1997 Scenic cruiser in the summer of 2009, less than 50,000 miles for $40,000. Only took a trip of 1800 miles last fall. Tried to exit our area for winter but got snowed in. Haven't left this year yet, you know how hard it is to get away sometimes.

Anyway, this summer, we replaced tires. Only tires that fit it were Michelin so tire company ordered Bridgestone which areal 1/3" smaller. Also had to order a big foot leveler motor for one leveler. Also having trouble keeping convex mirrors in. One fell out while traveling last summer. Purchased new one at RV dealer for $60.00. Found that they are made by Ramco and ordered our own parts this year for a cost of $23.00.

Get good gas mileage of 10mph, not towing.

Took out washer/dryer combo.

Now we have a water leak, looks like around slide out. Do you know the brand of slide out in our motorhome? It is at an RV dealer for new seals on slide out and slide out adjustment.

Expected to have to put some money in it at its age but we are very satisfied. People also express to us how it doesn't look that old. Beautiful white interior. Satellite TV. Very comfortable. Engine and transmission and brakes were checked out and found to be good.

Anxious to keep up with other scenic cruiser owners.

RayChez1
07-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Hello Ruth,
Glad to read that there are other Scenic Cruiser owners out there. Scenic Cruiser was in production until 2006, yet I have not seen any newer then 2002 on the road and we travel all over the country. I always wonder what happened to all the Scenic Cruisers that were produced after 2002. We just got back from a two month trip up the pacific north west. We started in southern California and traveled up into Oregon and Washington. Lots of rain up there, and very foggy. We will spend a couple of days at our residentail home and then take off again on the coach. This time I want to take my day cruiser boat out to the Colorado river and use the darn thing. I have had it on storage for a year in Las Vegas and I need to take it out. So my plans are to take it out every day for a week. Hope it is not too hot, but we can always cool off in the river.
Our Scenic Cruiser worked to perfection on our trip up north.
You mention that Michelin was the only company to manufacture tires that would fit? I have 22.5 tires on my coach and I used to have the Michelin XRV tires when I first bought it new, but after five years I switched to Toyo tires. I think the Toyo's are superior to the Michelins. The Michelins were 255/80 and the Toyo's are 265/75. They fit right into the original rims. I had the tires balanced with Equal and had the special valve stems installed because of the Equal. It is as smooth as can be.

RayChez1
08-03-2010, 07:46 PM
we have a 2002 Scenic Cruiser..and love it..been good.the occasional odds and ends, but I have since learned how to work my way thru things.

I made some wiring changes, put the fridge into the circuit that is activated when I used the inverter..great for on the road.....

the coach looks good too..people can't believe its an 02. I do have a question, do any of you know what the rocker switch is, on the dashboard, next to that large rectangular instrument cluster across the top? I may be stupid....well.I do have my moments.

Oh....I have learned, buy fuel in good well used truck stops that have fresh fuel, AND-keep a spare fuel filter handy!! R

When I turn the inverter on all my outlets have tha AC feed. Same as if I was hooked to shore power. I can't figure why you had to rewire your frig outlet for the inverter to run your frig. It should have been done at the factory.

cerealjoe
08-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Hi RayChez. Hoping to see some photos of that Class A. I think it will look interesting to see it. :D

RayChez1
08-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Hi RayChez. Hoping to see some photos of that Class A. I think it will look interesting to see it. :D

Hello Joe
You would like to see photos of what class A?
Are you referring to my coach?
My coach looks exactly like the picture of the Scenic Cruiser at the upper lefthand corner except that is blue and mine is like a gold with about three different colors of brown and lavender. But I am not sure what photo's you want to see.

Madem Zen
08-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi there,
We are the proud owners of a Scenic Cruiser as well! She is a 1994 38' and is no where near stock... With anything! We have totally rebuilt her inside and out and most would never recognize what she is until you look closely. :D
We full time in her so we had to make her a nice livable space (which is where we got the Madam Zen part) so after almost 6 months of renovations we are almost finished. When we got her she had a lot of water damage and so pretty much started going from there!

Stuff we have done so far include;

New subfloor
Bamboo and marble flooring
Radiant floor heating
New interior walls
Completely redesigned layout
New A/C electrical system
1800 watt Magnum inverter
4 255 amp hour D8 batteries
Stand alone Samsung french door refrigerator
GE full size microwave and oven
100% all new cabinetry in a Japanese theme
Granite counter tops
LED lighting
Neo angle shower
Tankless water heater
Theitford china toilet
42" big screen TV with dedicated entertainment computer
All black exterior with the fridge, vent and heater holes fiber glassed and smoothed!

She has been quite the project and I have loved doing all the work with my girlfriend! :D

See you guys out on the road!

XO Breanna

RayChez1
08-22-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow! Madem Zen, you have done a complete modification of that coach. I was wondering if you could post some pictures. I imagine it does look different. :roll: :shock:

GypsyWind
11-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Got ours a couple of years ago, love it except for the leak in the rear slide that we have yet to manage. We got it after going back to work so have only been from Missouri to Florida in it a couple of times to see the kids. Wish we had it when we did FL to WA! Don't see too many of them out there, but is sure is a nice ride! :D [/img]

RayChez1
11-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Well Gypsy it is good to read that there are some Scenic Cruiser owners out there. I alway wonder what ever happened to all the newer Scenic Cruisers. I believe 2006 was the last year they manufactured the Scenic Cruiser. We have been very happy with ours through 49K miles. We bought it new and had thought of going to the 45' Constellation, but we never got to see one before they canceled the production line.
I believe you are the first in this forum with the newer version of the Scenic Cruiser.

stevefl
02-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Glad to hear there are others. I am a new - first time - MH owner. I recently purchased a 1994 34 ft Scenic Cruiser with a Cummins D and 6 Sp Allison. I gutted the inside and replaced the floor with laminate maple and redid the furniture. Made most necessary inside repairs and have moved to the running gear. Surprised how complicated the electronic/electric system. I gave up trying to find any schematics and purchased a good multimeter and wire probe to chase grounds and shorts. I would like to talk to anyone who has or is going thru similar work with their Scenic Cruiser. Still somewhat overwhelmed and could use advice.

RayChez1
03-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I sure wish there was a way to show some pictures in this forum. Sounds like a very interesting project some of you guys have going. I could never do that kind of work stripping the whole inside and redoing everything. I sure would be interested on just changing the front television and replacing it with a flat screen. But if I had it done, I would want it to look like a professional job. I had to fix my front television one time and that thing was heavy. But while I had it out I noticed that it is enclosed by an all steel cage. So to replace it, that steel cage would have to be cut off and remade to fit a flat screen since most of the flat screens are rectangular instead of square. :roll:

RayChez1
03-02-2011, 08:04 PM

When I turn the inverter on all my outlets have tha AC feed. Same as if I was hooked to shore power. I can't figure why you had to rewire your frig outlet for the inverter to run your frig. It should have been done at the factory.

Hey Ray, The rocker switch that you are asking about is for switching to metric and back to standard on your speedometer.

miataking
04-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Whoo Hoo, I just bought my first class A, its a 96 GS Scenic Cruiser in mostly great shape, just needs some loving. I'm going to scan the archives for posts, but anything I need to know, look out for, take care of with a 60k '96 that's been only started and driven here and there over the last 3-4 years.

Thanks - look forward to bringing this one back up to it's intended purpose with love.

Mp2

RayHarkness
04-22-2011, 01:14 PM
good luck with your project..be prepared to run over a few curbs! and work your way thru things..takes time, and actualy you will soon learn your way around the coach. Thought about moving up to a new one, buy why..I know this one now! Let us know if you need any help..this is the place to ask questions and get advice. r

miataking
04-23-2011, 11:46 AM
I appreciate that. I managed to transport it from East New Orleans to Jefferson at 4PM. Traffic was nuts, I guess I could also be considered nuts for the attempt. I've driven many types of vehicles including tractor trailers this was my first experience with a pusher and sitting in front of the front axle. Had a few forward and back moments getting around tight turns. Surprised myself. Was quite stable on the highway portion even with a 12-15 MPH cross wind. Takes a little getting used to not hearing the power train I imagine. Eerily quite up front. My next task will be to hunt down service & parts manuals for it. Any known sources for them? I have a few simple items that need to be replaced. Most notably the meter or gauge hood (dashboard in front the driver) has cracked and seems to be collapsing and also the surround (panel face) for the leveling system. Cracked sort of hangs there. I'm certain there is more. I appreciate in advance any feedback. Thanks. Mp2

RayHarkness
04-23-2011, 01:33 PM
finding those types of parts will be the challenge..I tried to find a faceplate around our radio in the dashboard. Gulstream did NOT have it...let me think about that one...its a good coach...and trust me..you will figure most of it out easily...after a bit..you will know your way around it...or the "routes" to find things.

Anybody have any ideas about dashboard faceplates? r

miataking
04-25-2011, 09:16 PM
I attempted to get everything online today. Water and Gas Systems. Filled the water tank with water and a cup or so bleach to be sure the lines and tank are clean. Had a significant amount of rust accumulation in the burner of the hot water heater, the jet was clogged up with dirt from those mud wasps. I blew it all out and cleaned it up fairly well, seems mostly superficial. Is it advisable to put an anode in where the drain is? Assuming I can get it loose.

Same issue with the AC/Gas refrigerator. Works great AC but would always go to safe mode (check) when switched to gas. I discovered the jet nozzle and tube had a small family of mud wasps moved in. Took all this apart cleaned it and as you may guess - it all works like it's supposed to.

My Shureflo pump 2088-403-144 has a slight drip at the pump housing, I tightened up on the screws and it slowed it to a single drop every 5-10 minutes. I imagine they make a seal kit for these. Otherwise it put good flow and pressure to every fixture. The tub seems a bit weak though, shower seems okay, but also... eh schway schway! Any know issues or things to look for.

My front AC buzzes fairly loud, the compressor cycles, the blower comes on for second, clicks then shuts off, clicks on, clicks off. It does this for awhile then eventually stays on. It's like ice as long as the blower is up to move the air. The rear does everything as it should except it's not near as cold as the front one even when not all too challenged. Can the roof units be charged? And, are the two ducted together.

I ordered in 4 gallons of the elastometric roof coating to reseal and protect what is there (RV Direct Online, $27.71 Gal) (80 sq. ft. per Gal., should get a bit over one coat) . Any suggestions on what to use on the larger seams, stack pipes and AC bases, we get a decent amount of rain here and for now it will have to brave the elements until I can get it under cover.

My awning, a manual one about 20ft I guess. Comes out but will not auto rewind. Any suggestions? I assume it's an internal spring or something. Not all that up to speed with roll up awnings. Another problem for another day.

SO far so good - my GS Scenic Cruiser is coming along - can't seem to get real work done around here now that it's shown up. Our first "shove off" date is May 30th - Florida - Disney with the wife and kids - I have a deadline.

Thanks in advance to any replies/comments. I hope that some of what I find (and post as result) will help out some other GS owners resolve the creepies.

RayChez1
04-26-2011, 11:53 AM
On my 2002 Scenic cruiser it has a anode on the bottom drain. It is about seven inches long. It will save your tank in the long run. But I am not sure what brand you have, check with the manufacturer to see if it uses one. Some don't use one.

On your Shur-Flo you might want to goggle Shur-Flo and give them a ring to see if they have a kit for the gasket, if not then maybe you can buy the material and make your own.

Not sure on your AC units, but on mine I have a duel thermastat control. You can set the rear to different temperatures from the front AC. Same for the heat pump. The rear is on zone 1, the front is zone 2. Not sure as to why your AC in the front keeps recycling so often before it gets going, but it does not sound right.

On the roof I have a one piece fiber glass with two seams where the rounded side connects. It has Dicor for caulking on those two big seams. You should check for cracks on those seams and around vents at least every six months. Also caulk around the two antenna's and around the clearance lights. If not these coaches will leak on heavy rain days.

On your awning I was wondering that maybe you are not familiar with it, and how to roll it back in. You have to push forward the big toggle release on the right side or towards the front of the coach before it will start rolling in. If it still does not roll in, then it could be that the sprocket on the end of the awning might be worn out and the spring might have lost its rewind power. It will have to be rewound and held under pressure while somebody installs the new sprocket parts. I had my sprocket replaced because on a windy day it got ruined. It cost me 87 dollars at a RV shop. Well worth it.

Ray

miataking
04-26-2011, 07:17 PM
You may be right about the awning, I haven't had any experience with this type. Only the ones you have to roll up by hand or the crank wand style. I downloaded the manuals from Carefree of Colorado (it's a Sprit FX), over 18ft. They show part numbers and the how to's as well as the "how to use" the thing. Everyday is an education.

Road Lighting;
Since the main items are coming along without too much expense (as much as I expected any way), I decided to convert all the weather aged running lights to LED (Maxxima). I plan to add one just aft of the front wheel well on both sides and have it coupled into the turn circuit so I'll have a side flasher for the Joe's next to me. The reverse lights are...well... a joke for seeing only enough to let some one know your headed their way. So I bought a pair of surface mount LED backups (Maximma) for the sides in the rear and a pair of strip LEDs for each side on the rear. They seem to blend in well so not gaudy and after backing it by my shop after dark, added light back there seems a must. I initially wanted the recessed bucket style fixture, the one that shoots out at like a 30 degree angle, but couldn't locate them. I started to figure that they would be pricey after I discovered the LED's cost. The LED's are just plain cool. In addition, I located the Bargman LED tail lamp conversions at RV Direct - those buggers are pricey and considering I need six segments, OY!- -Another bite, another time. This GS also as no center mounted brake light. SInce there is gobs of space on that back wall I may get one of those LED strips in red to center for it also. One of my headlamp assemblies is frosted, the other clear as a bell. They show Hella Markings. Since they are intact I may try to polish them out in lieu of hunting replacements.

Back Up Camera;
Appears as though my BU camera is on the fritz. Assuming weather has caught up to it. Any advice on a good replacement camera?

Madem Zen
05-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Miataking,
I replaced my tails with those LED conversions and like you said, they are a bit pricey but well worth it! I have also replaced all the marker lights with LED's including some very cool low profile cab markers that were intended for a new Ford truck. Of course in keeping with the blacked out theme of our MH we tinted all the lights as well ;)
For the headlights you can easily find some very nice bright new ones for pretty cheep as they are from an Audi 5000. You can even fnd HID projectors on ebay!

Have fun!

Sundancer268
05-23-2011, 09:02 PM
On my 95 Scenic Cruiser I traced the headlamps to an 1990 Audi 100 Quattro. I will be needing to replace them, I have to hold a match up to them to see if they are working or not. I will also have to replace one of the Fog/Driving lights as the passenger side lens is broken. The repairs to the lights will have to wait as I am replacing the sub-floor in front of the sink and bathroom. Need it road ready by the 18th of June for the first trip of the year.

ravinsp
11-23-2011, 05:02 AM
I replaced my tails with those LED conversions and like you said, they are a bit pricey but well worth it! I have also replaced all the marker lights with LED's including some very cool low profile cab markers that were intended for a new Ford truck. Of course in keeping with the blacked out theme of our MH we tinted all the lights as well
For the headlights you can easily find some very nice bright new ones for pretty cheep as they are from an Audi 5000. You can even fnd HID projectors on ebay!

e4services
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Responders, good day. Found this post in search to find out the buld size of the 2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser I was about to pickup. I am a Colorado RV wholesale dealer and like to have new bulbs for the drive back from the auction. Best I can resolve from research is that the headlamps are the OEM Hella Low and High beam housings, could be wrong, with the one lamp taking an H9 Low Beam bulb and the other an H7 High?
Any verification would be appriciated.
Mark
e4 Services, Inc. DBA Boulder County RV :arrow:
http://media.use.com/images/s_4/6940df555b839711c6fc.jpg (http://www.use.com/6940df555b839711c6fc)

RayHarkness
12-19-2011, 12:23 PM
they are Hellas...I had a similar problem..same coach actually..I got some directly from Gulfstream...they are hard to find..not sure
if that helps...I got the housing and all..they tend to break over time.the housing and all...R

RayChez1
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Those head lights are the same type that were used in the Audi cars of that year. I have the same coach, but I have never had any problems with the head lights.

You should be able to get the helogen bulbs through Amazon.Com. They are a European light bulb used on Audi cars.

e4services
12-19-2011, 04:18 PM
they are Hellas...I had a similar problem..same coach actually..I got some directly from Gulfstream...they are hard to find..not sure
if that helps...I got the housing and all..they tend to break over time.the housing and all...R
Yes, the housing would help. What I would guess is that the housing is the Hella housing the produce for OEM use,HELLA 008193027 90mm DE Series 12V Low Beam
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31FtbcDxf2L._SS400_.jpg
I was trying verify this to see if it is really a size H9 as the replacement bulb for what ever housing they are using

e4services
12-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Those head lights are the same type that were used in the Audi cars of that year. I have the same coach, but I have never had any problems with the head lights. You should be able to get the helogen bulbs through Amazon.Com. They are a European light bulb used on Audi cars.
I did read that someone here said something about Audi but the audi replacement bulbs for their cars of those years varied by model. And again, it is not the entire housing I am looking for, just the lamp is replaceable and I was confused on whether it is an H9 or H7 or H1, for I have seen references to all of them. Here is a chart if that helps, H1 is small one wire, H7 is larger 2 wire, and H9 is one of the newer modular phenolic 2 wire connector bulbs
http://www.intakeone.com/images/Light_bulbs/NokyaActicWhite_chart.jpg

e4services
12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
they are Hellas...I had a similar problem..same coach actually..I got some directly from Gulfstream...they are hard to find..not sure if that helps...I got the housing and all..they tend to break over time.the housing and all...R
As I said, my guess is Hella, but the bulb size could be H1 or H9, that is what I was looking for someone to clarify so I could have the right spare when I go pickup the coach.

e4services
12-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Well, as the day I have to go pick up my Scenic Cruiser, and understanding it is the holidays, but not having any other resource that I can find for such a limited ownership of this coach, I went ahead with the H9 bulb. I hope that is right. The Hella 90mm (thats about 4" diameter) Headlight Housing that I posted is the only one I can find. It took an H9 modular bulb, which would make sense if they used it as Hi/Low Bi Halogen, for the H9 came both one and two filament. Hoping for the best, but if one of you can ID the bulb or housing parts/numbers within the next week, I would appreciate it.
Happy Holidays

RayChez1
03-17-2012, 05:33 PM
So I was wondering how everything turned out. Did the light bulb work. Did you end up getting the coach or not. It would be nice to get a follow up.

Flipman
03-23-2015, 12:14 AM
We just bought a 1998 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser 8361 and love it! It has under 50k, and has been stored in an rv barn for the past 10 years. This is our 2nd motorhome, first was a 1986 Tiffin Allegro. We are very pleased with our GS so far, and will keep posting on trips and any problems.

RayChez1
03-28-2015, 08:16 PM
We just bought a 1998 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser 8361 and love it! It has under 50k, and has been stored in an rv barn for the past 10 years. This is our 2nd motorhome, first was a 1986 Tiffin Allegro. We are very pleased with our GS so far, and will keep posting on trips and any problems.

The Scenic Cruiser is a very good coach. We have had ours now since 2003 brand new, and it has served us well. We just got back from a trip to East Lake, Ca. We spent almost a month there. Had lots of fun.

Congrats: on your Scenic Cruiser Flipman.

Lillian
03-30-2015, 03:54 AM
The curtain drapes (http://www.raykevent.com/Stage/Folding_Staging/) will be your best choice,you can go to www.raykevent.com (http://www.raykevent.com) get more details

Towboy
04-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Ray I still have my 2006 Scenic Cruiser 41' 400 cummins bought it used in 2011 with 23k 1 owner. Fixed many issues with the coach Norcold 1200 needed a new cooling unit. Noticed black soot in the rear closet found cylinder # 3 had a bad exhaust gasket, issue had to be since new as Freightliner had to remove 1 of the 2 bolts holding the exhaust manifold on to add a bracket for the air intake crossover pipe don't think they ever retightened the bolt as it was hand tight. Replaced all the carpet. Removed the existing ceramic tile in the kitchen area and retiled with porcelin from the front to the rear bedroom. Hydraulic leak at the top fitting on the pump that powers the engine cooling fan and power steering that was a pain in the butt!!. Changed micro/convection oven inverter went bad. lucky I could do all the work myself or it would have cost a ton of money. Put 6 new tires and front shocks added dyna beads in tires runs 75 with no shimmy at all. After all the work I still love the coach, 49k on odometer now.

John

RayChez1
04-04-2015, 12:31 PM
I had more things that needed adjustment when it was new. When I bought the coach brand new I noticed one of the levelers had a oil leak. I think all it needed was to tighten a compression nut, but the dealer said to change it out since it was under warranty. I also made some modifications inside the coach like putting drawers on a couple of cabinets that were just one big box. So my wife needed drawers and I installed two drawers on that one. Then there was this small closet on top of the washer dryer and I installed six drawers on that one. They come out perfect since I matched the walnut wood perfect.

Now on the engine which is a Cat engine I had a Huei pump go bad according to the shop that fixed it, even though I do not believe that was the problem because it was kind of strange that I had just driven several hundred miles and the coach was running perfect. I stopped to fuel at Flying J in Barstow, Ca. I started driving out and it stopped about a mile down the road. I still think that I might have gotten bad fuel and the filter had plugged up. But I did not have an extra fuel filter with me so I called Coach Net and they took it to a diesel shop where they said it was the Huei pump. Good thing I had extended warranty because total cost was $3400. It only cost me fifty dollar deductable.

Then it went for about eight years without any problems what so ever until last year. I noticed the engine was making a sound like a exhaust leak. My friend got under the coach and he said that it did have soot markings on the exhaust manifold. So I took it to Freightliner in Las Vegas to change the gasket out. Only problem when you take your coach to a big shop like that they can tell you many things that might not be true, and they did. They told me that because of the leak, that the manifold had to be changed out because they warp. Well! I did not believe that either, but I was at their mercy. So they installed a brand new three piece manifold. And since it was already their I told them to change out the air dryer filters. Total cost was $2200.00. So yes these coaches do require up keep and when they break down, they are expensive.

But over all in twelve years that I have being driving this coach, it has been a pretty good coach.

One thing that I did discover to make this coach have all kinds of power was to change the air filter I was using which was a Napa Wix air filter. Now I order my air filters through the internet from Racor, and man I can not believe how much more power it has climbing long grades.

RayHarkness
04-04-2015, 12:48 PM
they do need LOTS AND LOTS OF AIR for those diesel engines. I got in a rain storm..and started sucking the sheeting rain coming off the roof, into that air intake for the engine, up on the back...by the camera...started spewing white smoke, and coughing. I got off, and stopped...talked to a local diesel repair operation, and they said DON"T SHUT IT OFF....so we let it run...it just worked its way out.

I got some bad fuel once, NEVER AGAIN. I only get fuel where the trucks are going, and using LOTS of fuel. Flying J of course is usually good. HIgh quality. If you see a lot of trucks fueling up, you know its good, because they do NOT want to be down for anytime...word gets out bad fuel, and they will spread that word even more. I routinely check my valve on the bottom of my fuel filter, to check for any water in it. So far so good...

Your right, they ain't cheap to run, but when they run good...they run good!!!
I have 35,000 on our coach now..it isn't even broken in! Cummins ISC engine.
would have liked Cat, but it is what it is...

I have had the front end aligned, felt a pulling to the right..what a difference..its like a sports car!

Flipman
08-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Well, we just got back from our maiden voyage in our coach...went to Sturgis, SD, about 1450 miles round trip, and had no mechanical problems at all! Fuel mileage I'm estimating around 9mpg, I can't fill the tank full, because it leaks out of an air vent line, I'm thinking! Our coach ran great...good power on hills, ran it from 65-75mph with no problems! We did have 3 fresh water leaks, I fixed them while we were there.(This coach was stored for 10years in an rv barn, so I knew things would be loose, etc.)

We're very happy with our Scenic Cruiser!

WV1995ScenicCruz
09-16-2015, 08:32 PM
I have a 1995 Scenic Cruiser 8340. I have a problem with the parking brake as it has failed to hold the last time we moved it. (we summer on the Ohio River in a garage we have for the coach). I am concerned that there is a major problem but the regular brakes appear to hold ok. any ideas?

Also, hd a rea leak at the rear seam that needs attention, has anyone taken off the rear fascia? ho hard is it to remove?

thanks for your help

RonKash
10-23-2015, 08:29 AM
I have a 2000 Scenic Cruiser diesel. I had to remove the 3 / 12 volt batteries. I have 3 heavy gauge cables on the top shelf. 1 cable has connections for 2 batteries to be connected in parallel. Are both of the other 2 cables connected to the other 12 volt battery ?
Yes I took them out several months ago to replace and thought I was smart enough to put them back without taking a picture.

RonKash
10-25-2015, 10:02 AM
I have a 2000 diesel Pusher.
The Spartan Chassis came with 2-12 volt batteries...I have 3 ( 1 must have been added by Gulfstream).
There are 3 heavy gage cables in the battery tray. 1 cable connects to the two 12 volt batteries.
My question is which batteries do the other two cables connect to?

RayHarkness
10-25-2015, 11:05 AM
OH dear...I am not much help here. I have 4 house batteries, and 2 engine batteries.
My chassis is a Freigntliner, and I think Spartan may be different.

I would keep posting, and see if somebody has similar..somebody must have same set up and be able to help.
Be VERY careful with those cables.....hooking them wrong can cause explosion...and damage to the coach electrical system.

I learned early, I take tons of pictures of anything...then print them off before I do the actual job. I actually have photo of those in plastic cover, glues on the door..for constant review..as I AM getting older and more confused everyday!!

Keep posting..somebody must have a similar setup...wish I could help..Ray

OH..on thing you might consider, is go to an Interstate Battery (Factory) dealer in your immediate area. They are pretty good at that stuff and work on it all the time.
I keep a good relationship with them!

Chick1995
07-05-2017, 08:38 PM
My wife and I bought a 1995 gulfstream scenic cruiser one week before memorial weekend . It needs tlc and updating . Which we plan on doing . We are going with a mild idustrial look inside

RonKash
07-26-2017, 11:51 AM
July 2017
Any owners here ? I have a 2000 Scenic Cruiser. It has been in storage for 2 years due to a roof leak. I am about to tackle that job. Has anyone had experience with that?

RonKash
07-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Are you still active on the forum Ray

Belize2000
08-01-2017, 03:13 PM
Hello I am a Scenic Cruiser owner and can help out in many ways I do all my own installations and repairs(!)
Right now I am in need of knowing where a couple wires go coming out of the ceiling to the AC the G1E and that DAF wires which were tied into the old electric box kit two BLU 14 gage wires (furnace wires)?

Shellie
05-07-2018, 12:04 PM
Now we have a water leak, looks like around slide out. Do you know the brand of slide out in our motorhome? It is at an RV dealer for new seals on slide out and slide out adjustment.

Expected to have to put some money in it at its age but we are very satisfied. People also express to us how it doesn't look that old. Beautiful white interior. Satellite TV. Very comfortable. Engine and transmission and brakes were checked out and found to be good.

Anxious to keep up with other scenic cruiser owners.

We bought a 1997 Sceneic Cruiser last year and have used the heck out of it. However, we seem to be having alignment issues with our slide out now. Did you ever find out the brand of the slideout in your motorhome?

hallrg
10-18-2018, 09:11 AM
I just bought a 1995 scenic cruiser. Would love to talk to other owners.

CoachStreamr
10-26-2018, 04:33 PM
I'm watching this thread now to.

1996 DP

hallrg
10-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Coach streamr. Good to see you. Can you tell me what fuel filters are used for engine. I am going to do my 1st oil change and I would like to change fuel filters while I’m dirty.

Can anyone tell me if changing transmission fluid is a do it your self job? Never worked on Diesel engine before.

rstekeur
12-31-2018, 12:52 PM
My wife and I are thinking about buying a 1999 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser. This will be our first RV of any kind so were new to all this. any warnings or recommendations?

alflyn
08-30-2020, 02:44 PM
how many ac units, mine has 3 but only 2 operate by the thermostat, are all 3 suppose to be cor cooling??/

Gonzopr1
10-07-2020, 10:43 AM
Hello, we just bought a 2000 SC 8361. I was looking for forums about it and found this. I hope that it continues since it looks like it started back in ‘05.

On my way home I noticed a few issues. The parking brake light started flickering and now it stays on. I guess it is the switch and I also guess that it is under the parking brake release button. I also noticed that the cruise control do not work when I turn the headlights on. Is this a safety feature? When I got home I noticed a hydraulic leak behind the radiator. Is coming from a 1” line, is there an oil cooler on these?
It makes me mad because I checked the coach before buying and it did not show any of these signs. I am more worry about the leak than anything. Anyways, hope to hear from other GS scenic cruiser owners. Thanks

Cterkelsen
10-20-2020, 01:05 PM
Hi guys I am trying to find out if anyone has heard of a chiming sound from behind the dash when in gear? I have checked everything that has been recommended jacks are up and confirmed slides are in step is up. I can't find anything about this issue ?
2003 gulfstream scenic Cruiser

Papa1123
01-30-2021, 05:39 PM
Hi, just bought a 98 Scenic Cruiser. The inside is in rough shape. Going to do some remodeling. Outside in good shape, previous 2 owners did nothing to keep it up, shame they are nice coaches. Have a speedometer issue, it and the odometer turn 10x faster than it should. Not sure what to do.

theeyeguy
05-06-2021, 10:19 AM
I'm picking up my new to me 1999 Scenic Cruiser 8381 on Saturday. The wife fell in love with the interior. There is soft floor in bathroom which will be my first project. Any tips / pointers from other owners is greatly appreciated.

Cterkelsen
06-02-2021, 07:20 PM
I have a 2003 Gulfstream what does the alarm sound like if one of the slides did not retract all the way

alflyn
06-06-2021, 06:13 PM
hello im new to the forum... i purchased a 2004 scenic cruiser, cant get the center heat pump to start, ie no display for that zone on the wall thermostat

WV1995ScenicCruz
07-14-2021, 06:58 PM
I have a 1995 Scenic cruiser and love the layout. took a while to understand all of the systems and wish I had automatic Hot water and fridge (have to light each). very comfortable and gets about 10MPG. have 230 hp version Cummins and a great engine with 1987K miles on it now.

WV1995ScenicCruz
07-14-2021, 06:59 PM
did you buy the one available in NJ?

CoachStreamr
07-14-2021, 07:10 PM
I have a 1995 Scenic cruiser and love the layout. took a while to understand all of the systems and wish I had automatic Hot water and fridge (have to light each). very comfortable and gets about 10MPG. have 230 hp version Cummins and a great engine with 1987K miles on it now.

What do you mean you "(have to light each)"?

For LP, I just have to flip one switch for the frig and/or another for the suburban water heater. For 110v, another position on the frig or another switch for the suburban water heater. Not really a big deal.

I have a 1995 Scenic cruiser and love the layout.

What's the Model # so we can check out the layout? Ours is the Model # 8360

WV1995ScenicCruz
07-14-2021, 07:48 PM
8341 L shipped kitchen awthatships couch. no slides

WV1995ScenicCruz
07-14-2021, 07:49 PM
water heater and refrigerator are manual light pilot

CoachStreamr
07-14-2021, 08:34 PM

We love the wide body no slides

:p

CoachStreamr
07-14-2021, 08:55 PM
Is your 8341 a gas or diesel?

Here's the info I have for '95.. however that shows a slide.. I'll search my other GS brochures (on other HDD's).

WV1995ScenicCruz
07-25-2021, 06:59 PM
sorry. many; said 8341. actually have a 8340. working some electrical problems now. and refrigerator has blown its ammonia so Im thinking I might covert bot to the 12 v compressor type and loose the propane option.

Cterkelsen
11-15-2021, 11:50 AM
Why are all the posts so old ?

CoachStreamr
11-15-2021, 06:01 PM
I still monitor this forum and post

As a reminder, it helps to have your Coach model/info in your Forum Signature.

pgolde
06-29-2022, 01:38 PM
A month ago I purchased a 95 Scenic Cruiser MPV-8340WFD in Phoenix AZ.
I was looking for an affordable rig that was road worthy. What I liked about this unit was that it has no slides, 34ft, Cummins 12v 5.9 with Allison 6 speed, new tires, low miles 86000, was being used regularly. The roof had recently been sealed professionally, and the interior was well taken care of. I knew I had cosmetic work to do inside and the paint was faded although most of the rig is unpainted fiberglass.
The seller was less than honest and bold face lied about a few things like cruise control working and a few other minor items. I put that on me for not fully testing everything.
The good news was the AC (roof and coach), generator, Fridge, water, gas, solar, engine, trans, roof, windows, floor all good working order.
I changed the oil and fuel filters, had my tire place torque the lugs and I was off on my first journey. We left from AZ and headed to VA, RI then to ME and back to AZ with no major issues and she drove like a dream.
Things I found out along the way, cruise didnt work and was completely disconnected, one of the leveling feet threw a spring while driving, the engine brake did not work, and I also figured out some mystery switches since there were no manuals provided.
I also learned how to stay between the lines with a widebody rig and what all it took to stop 23000 lbs
I replaced the rear air springs and am looking forward to more upgrades and adventures.
I paid $15k for her and am happy with the deal in spite of being lied to. I had a good feeling about the chassis and rig overall after having looked at quite a few up to $50k.
Upgrades will include navigation system, removal of picture tube tv up front, new wallpaper, carpet and maybe a paint job.
Thanks for listening.

Bike Dr
06-29-2022, 10:48 PM
Hey that's awsome! Your story is very close to my purchase!you think you can trust people but sadly many things were wrong and was told oh yeah everything works as it should!! Not the case at all, But I have completed all the repairs and most of the upgrades and now I am a ridiculously happy camper! Congrats on your coach and upgrading it is half the fun.. just got back from temperanceville Virginia and headed Niagara falls soon..

LIFE IS GOOD!!! LIVING IT!!

05 40' ATRIUM 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's enclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper