PDA

View Full Version : Slide topper awning

darbyjudy
05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
I have a 2004 Sunvoyager, with triple slide out. there is no slide out topper on the bedroom slide out. I am wondering if there is enough room to install one. This motor home has the main awning over the bedroom slide out and the only problem when you have a storm and the wind in blowing you have the main awning rolled up for you don't want to lose it. so at that time there is no topper over the slide out in the bedroom. Have any or you installed a slide out cover on this slide out? I am wondering if there is enough room. I was looking at it and there would have to be an awning rail installed, I was think you could turn it up side down and use the same screws that they are using for the main awning. Before I buy one I would like to make sure it would work.

AAFD
05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
My local dealer said no to that question!

KC

GStream40
05-03-2006, 07:23 PM
If you have at least one inch of room between the slideout frame to the top on the sidewall, it should be able to be installed with a new awning rail for the slideout topper being installed with the groove part at the top.

The only problem is the topper might slope back toward the coach, but more that likely it will be level.

Dealers only like to install as written in the book, but sometimes that is not possible.

Ron

darbyjudy
05-03-2006, 08:44 PM
I will have to get out my ladder and a rule and measure how much distance I have above the slide out frame to the main awning when it is rolled up. I know when the main awning is deployed there is enough room. but when it is rolled up it will be close, for the main awning tube sags a little in the middle. I was hoping to find someone who had installed one already on the model that I have. I was looking at the picture of a 2006 Georgetown and that have the same setup and they are using a slide-out cover on it. But it could also have a little more room between the frame and the main awning.