PDA

View Full Version : falling cabinet

elswls
03-13-2010, 07:58 PM
2005 BT Cruiser, Mod 5210 - 23,000 miles: Overhead cabinet above the couch came loose from the ceiling. It appears to be simply screwed into the ceiling with wood screws - not too secure. Currently on vacation - cabinet propped up with extension brush handle - haven't dug into it yet. I hope there's a frame member there to screw into. Anyone had this problem? :cry:

RJ82much
03-16-2010, 06:38 AM
There is a good chance the screw head broke off from the body. You will know when you back out the screw. Several of my exterior screws (to grab bars and driver-side door step ladder) failed in that manner.

We saw what makes up the ceiling during the factory tour. (However, I've fallen asleep since then - *poof*) I can say that there is a metal frame.

My dining table tore out from the wall because the screws were only attached to the "paper" wallboard. I used expanding anchors (Home Depot) to more firmly re-attach.

carljackson47
08-17-2010, 12:48 PM
This is dangerous if it actually fell on your love ones. Good that you discovered it right away. You may try to screw it back though the ceiling might not be as sturdy as it should be. You may use the back of the walls to screw it in.