PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Water tank fell out

Kathy G
03-16-2010, 10:04 PM
We have a 2008 Crescendo 40K. After owning it about three months the fresh water tank literally fell down into the storage bay. Dealer fixed it, but with no help from Gulfstream who said it could not happen. It is fixed, though odd, isn't it. We had not even filled it to capacity.

Chuck v
03-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Kathy,

My neighbor's son in law has a Crescendo and the same thing happened to his fresh water tank. I remember him telling me about it when he was looking through my Tour Master, but don't recall what he found when he fastened it back up. He did say he had to drain it to be able to lift it while in the confined space of the basement compartment...

Until your post, his was the only one that I had heard of with this problem, but I admit readily to not being any kind of expert on motor homes, just an interested owner.

Chuck

RayChez1
03-18-2010, 12:46 PM
That is a good one. Never heard of a water tank falling into the storage compartments. On my Scenic Cruiser the water tank is on the sub floor right ahead of the rear axle and it goes up to the compartment wall, but it is no higher then the compartment floor. It is a big one hundred gallon tank shaped like a mattress.

Kathy G
03-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Ours is 100 gallons and shaped like a mattress. We show dogs and had a lot of show gear in storage, but a bale of cedar chips were in there and took all the tank weight causing minimal damage to our stuff.

Flipman
08-14-2017, 10:44 PM
While preparing to leave Sturgis this year, we discovered the fresh water tank holding strap had been broken, probably for several years, causing the weight of the tank to collapse the bottom underpayment and drag the ground! Not happy that Gulfstream only had one 5" metal strap to support the 100 gallon tank! We cut out all the broken wood, mounted an aluminum sheet 1/8" to the bottom, and put in 5 angle iron crossbraces!

This is something to look for in the older motorhomes, you can use a flashlight and look behind the water manifold to check it!

Beaufort NC
08-21-2017, 02:26 PM
Had it happen to us once. It was not hard to fix once I got the water out of the tank.