PDA

View Full Version : DW wants an oven>>>>>>

dsomonster
03-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Alright, not quite my area of expertise so I am reaching out to y'all. Dear Wife wants an oven to start baking while camping. We have the OEM stove top that comes in the Supernova.

Do any of you know anything remotely close to adding one to our rigs? I have the 6400n and there is a storage spot right under the cooktop.

Do they make just ovens without cooktops? Do convection microwaves work as well as conventional ovens?

Please help a brother out!

Thanks,
-Ron

Georunner
03-31-2010, 11:00 AM
You can use the convection/microwave. There is a small learning curve, but it will do just fine, IMHO.

Texas TC
03-31-2010, 01:13 PM
I agree with Geo, the convection portion of the built in microwave should keep you from needing an oven. I looked, as you probably did, at Camping World online after you posted your question and found that they only offer a range/oven combination. The price was reasonable (less that $500) but a lot of rebuilding the stove area of the coach would be required to add the oven (at least that's how it looks in my 6331).

I think I would have her read up on using the convection oven and save the money for other really necessary guy toys. JMHO!

dsomonster
03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Looking into the convection/microwave right now.

DW wants to bake cookies, brownies and stuff like that.

I may have no choice in the matter.

Walldo
04-01-2010, 11:00 PM
DW makes cookies, brownies, cakes, you name it, even baked a prime rib in the convection oven, and yes there is a small learning curve... Get past the curve and the sky is the limit.. Good luck.

dsomonster
04-02-2010, 04:09 PM
She may have to just screw up some batches before getting it right. I know she wants a full sized oven, but she may have to take the convection/microwave.