PDA

View Full Version : Kelderman Air Suspension for SuperNova

Texas TC
05-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Following is a quote from another Nova owner whom I chat with on RV.net. He went with Kelderman at the advice of his International dealer. My dealer was familiar with the American Carrier Equipment and his was familiar with Kelderman. He has it installed and is pleased with the results. His system is quite different than mine in the fact that he did not add a compressor and manually adds air to his air bags. That definitely decreases the cost of the equipment and installation. Several have wondered about the Kelderman system and he is the first I have been in contact with that actually has one.

jsb4374 wrote:

"Just a quick update, I just had the Kelderman system put on my coach, I went with the two bag system and instead of putting compressor on board I went with a manual fill system. I have the fill line running out to the receiver hitch and installed a tire pressure fill valve. At 60 PSI the coach frame rails are level at 75 PSI the coach looks level but the back is actually 1.5" higher in the back but bounces a bit more, I lowered to 65 PSI for my next trip. Running the tires at 100 psi and the bags between 60-65 psi seems to be the best ride. The bags cost 1700 from kelderman and International charged by right at 1000 to install. Adding the on board compressor would have run close to antoher 2000. I figured for 2000 I could find the combination in a couple of trips. Have not gone for a long trip yet but will over memorial day weekend. So far the 50 miles I have driving so far is night and day."

cd6400
05-20-2010, 11:55 PM
TC, Does the Kelderman System replace the springs?

Texas TC
05-21-2010, 08:15 AM
No, it is a carrier system that adds bags to the rear suspension but does not replace the springs. I have not seen an aftermarket system, though their may be one out there I have not come across, that replaces the springs entirely.

http://www.keldermanairride.com/medium- ... t=INTLREAR (http://www.keldermanairride.com/medium-duty/2-bag/info.php?product=INTLREAR)