PDA

View Full Version : Flat tow lifted Jeep behind supernova

tahoebrad
05-20-2010, 01:03 PM
Does anyone have experience flat towing a lifted Jeep behind a supernova? I have a lifted 2008 Wrangler Unlimited with 37" tires and currently tow with a trailer. I want to reduce weight but I am concerned about wear and tear on the jeep with a lift and large tires. Any experience? What equipment are you using? Brake controls etc...

Thanks!

Texas TC
05-20-2010, 04:23 PM
As you probably know, I tow a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X behind my SuperNova using a standard Blue Ox "A" frame tow bar and Blue Ox base plates on the front of the Jeep. I have a Roadmaster auxiliary brake system that I have only used once. I don't find that I need it with the light Jeep and the relative low weight of my 6331.

I do not know of anyone who tows a raised Jeep behind their coach but I do have a friend who rolled his raised Jeep towing it behind his F250 diesel Ford pickup extended cab and long wheel base. His father in law took a corner too fast and the top heavy Jeep paid the price.

Saying that, I think I might be a little concerned about towing a raised Jeep behind the SuperNova. However, you will probably never take a corner with your coach as fast as someone would with a smaller pickup truck.

Good luck, I hope someone else has more experience and can give you first hand knowledge of your proposal.

Walldo
05-20-2010, 07:25 PM
I am towing a lifted 08 Unlimited on 35's, I use a Roadmaster Sterling tow bar with a custom base plate (because I have an aftermarket front bumper) and use a 4" riser on the Nova's hitch. I have never had any problems with the JK behind the Supernova it has followed great. The only thing I have noticed is more miles on the tires... If you are interested in seeing the set up I can e-mail you some pictures of it, can't figure out how to attach a picture. :roll: Walldo

amingf29
05-26-2010, 11:10 PM
Load up and live it up in the easy-to-use, family friendly Freelander. It offers a break from the everyday with an extra measure of ceiling room and smart conveniences. And with large outside storage and inviting floorplans you can take comfort that the Freelander was designed to make all your travels easy and fun. Find out more.

Lexus LS430 Parts (http://www.carpartswarehouse.com/carmodels/CP8/Lexus/LS430.html)