PDA

View Full Version : Considering a 2007 Friendship 8411: Any thoughts?

3Griffs
05-24-2010, 12:34 PM
We're seriously considering a 2007 Friendship 8411 with the 400 Cummins option. Does anyone have any experience with this unit or thoughts on what we should be wary of? Thanks!

03heritagerider
05-25-2010, 06:40 AM
Welcome aboard 3griffs!

We have an '03 Friendship and are quite satisfied with it. That said, I am not aware of any specific thing you need check, but there are plenty of things to consider. I'm not sure what RV experience you have, so forgive me if I assume this is your first purchase.

In general, it's a dual purchase. You are buying a house and a vehicle, so you need to check all the things you would for either, if purchased separately.

For the vehicle: tires-brakes-handling-driveability-rust-dents-etc.
For the house: furnace-A/C-roof-windows-basement-plumbing-appliances-electrical-floors and walls-slide outs-etc.

Last week another new member started a discussion about checking on a pre-owned coach and there were some very helpful responses.

Check "Week Old Newbie" on this forum at this link viewtopic.php?t=2101 (http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?t=2101)
You will find some very useful suggestions for things to check on any coach. Also, I'm sure someone out there has the same model year 8411 as you are considering and may be able to provide specific info.

Good luck and keep us posted.

3Griffs
05-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Thank you! Glad to hear you are pleased with your Gulf Stream. We have been RVing for the past two years with a 2008 Forest River Forester 2901 (Class C) and are looking to upgrade to a pusher. We live in Alaska and there are not many clean used Class As for sale up here. The link you provided was very helpful. We're wondering: has anyone had issues with leaks in the atrium slide? We're hoping to test out all of the features later this week as well as taking it to a diesel mechanic to look it over. Here's hoping we'll be the unit's new owners in the very near future!

11B
05-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Bought my Friendship G-8 new in 07 and would not trade it for anything I've seen on the market for far more money. If yours has the Aqua Hot option like mine thats about 7000.00 you got with Gulf Stream you'll get with no one else.

It will take time to get the bugs worked out with it but pound for pound its a great coach. I also have the 400 and love it to death, check with Cummins as mine engine had a recall on it for some kind of Pins that need to be replaced or fixed. Also check what type of refrigerator it has to see if there are any recalls on it.

Other than that enjoy.

03heritagerider
05-25-2010, 07:16 PM
AHHH! ALASKA!

Been there once on a cruise ship and hoping to do it on two wheels some day soon.

Good luck with your search for a new coach.