PDA

View Full Version : heat and cool while driving

72chevy4x4
06-26-2010, 06:46 AM
I am in the process of completing some body damage in order to get the coach on the road (for the first time for us).

whle driving, is the only means of cooling the chassis AC? If so, does it get rather uncomfortable driving in hot climates assuming the system can't keep up with such a large volume? Same question for the heat.

mfa
06-26-2010, 08:27 AM
If you have a generator, you should be able to run the generator and the coach AC while driving. Depending on the generator, it may use a couple of gallons of fuel per hour when doing that.

Bluegrass Quilter
07-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I am in the process of completing some body damage in order to get the coach on the road (for the first time for us).

whle driving, is the only means of cooling the chassis AC? If so, does it get rather uncomfortable driving in hot climates assuming the system can't keep up with such a large volume? Same question for the heat.

We just took a trip in our 1993 Sunvoyager with the generator running, and the front a/c running without the dash air.. it was very comfortable and still got '8' miles to the gallon... :)

03heritagerider
07-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Honestly, I think the dash air is rather useless. There is too much volume to cool, unless you have a curtain behind the driver and passenger seats to keep the cool air contained.

We almost always leave the dash air off and use the roof air while driving by running the generator. I think running the generator uses as much additional fuel as running the dash air.

Our model has a sliding door that separates the kitchen from the bath and bedrooms. We keep it closed and run only the front A/C. The front of the coach stays very comfortable.

holmesaw
07-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Dash air usually works just fine for us. In fact, the vent keeps us cool
in the morning until we stop and the coach warms up. In extreme
heat run the generator and roof air.