PDA

View Full Version : Roof AC

Dean Nix
06-06-2005, 08:15 PM
I discovered yesterday that a few of the foam blocks that should have been under my roof ac unit were not installed. These blocks help keep the screws under the unit from rubbing through the EPDM rubber roof. I used some solid foam insulation to cut a block and wedge it under. I am not sure with out taking the whole unit off, if the screws rubbed through or not. From what I can see they did not. But time will tell.

Timothy
06-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Dean, I would contact the factory and let them know, I had the same problem on an Award trailer that I owned the unit vibrated so much internally that the refrigerant line broke! I think the foam also helps reduce the vibration.

treecounter
09-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Just after we got our used 03 Friendship we had a hard rain. The next day we discovered water dripping from the TV, and the center molding of the coach. On the roof we could see where the roof seams where it meets the side and the TV antenna and air horns had all been resealed. A call to La Mesa told us that there was a leak in the coach when they took it in trade and they had resealed it. Asked them if they had checked the Roof AC. No they hadn't done that. When we took it in for service they said that the bolts that hold the unit on the roof had not been tightened at the factory.